Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

COOL SPORTS ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

high rpmracer is the parent co of the place I boughtmine,,, they have at least 5 .com web site that funnel the money to them... they have a lot of BBB complaints where as the new .com co's dont. (Nifty huh?) get a lot of complaints/ bad press open a lot of web sites up without complaints... then drop ship the atvs to you, collect their money and run... pretty close scenario

Am I mad, no disappointed... but not half as disappointed as my 2 grandkids that couldnt ride their xmas presants xmas morning! I thought I was doing everything right, checked out all the companies that were selling atvs, crossed off the ones with complaints/ bad press and I still ended up with problems. Its not the fault of the company the atvs were screwed up in shipping, Its just they dont care about the service after the fact.... I'm curious did you get the bumper? will you get it?

I made my mind up to file claims... it might not go anywhere but it will cost them a little to say yes or no.

Good luck with the bumper

RON

Old 12-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

IMASPARKY,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I would not stop complaining/calling/writing to these guys until they either get sick of hearing from you, or start to fix some of their screw-ups. You did the right thing on here to name them so that it may save someone else in the future. I would definitely change that crap battery out with a good one, whether it solves the problem or not.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

So far no problems with the cool sport 110 I bought for my 10 year old. We have only about 3 hours on it. It does make a clanking noise when she hits a bump pretty hard however. I believe it is the chain slapping against the frame rail that runs just below it. I saw that the paint had been worn off in that area. I keep the charger on it when its not in use. It starts up fine and runs well. The day I picked it up I made them start it and let it warm up for about 30 minutes and adjust the carb on it while it was hot because it started running ruff when it warmed up. It is going to be warm and sunny in Tennessee today so I know she will be on it all day, I will let everyone know if it is still running at the end of the day. What she likes about the most is the remote with the alarm. The alarm is pretty sensitive, the dog can walk by it and its tail wagging against the atv will set off the alarm.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

We experienced our first problem after a full day of use. I got home and my girl told me that it wasnt running right. I started it and it was running very ruff and a noise was coming from behind the magneto cover. I removed the cover and found two screws that holds what appears to be a position sensor had backed out and it was hitting the fly wheel. Tightened them back up and now it runs fine. You guys may want to check yours to make sure that the screws havent backed out. I tried looking this sensor up and it appears that you have to buy the whole magneto assembly which is $78.00, that is if you cant get anyone to replace it under warranty.

I found the clanking noise, the bolts for the muffler brackets had come loose. I am going to go over all the bolts and check them. I also noticed that all the cotter pins for the tie rod ends and ball joints seemed to be a smaller size than they need to be for the hole diameter and the castle bolt they are used with. I am going to go with a bigger size on them while I am at it.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Originally posted by: Imasparky

I think they came from Lightning ATV in houston TX. I ordered them from buyatvsonline.com and R+L Carriers was the shipping Co.

RON
Mine came from Lightning in Houston. I only live about 45 minutes from their "warehouse" so I went down there to originally look at the bikes. The one I bought was already assembled and running. It is a "mom and pop" operation working out of a set of warehouses in a warehouse complex. I think, however, they are only a "retail" outlet. The main importer for cool Sports is also in Houston but it is not Lightning.

As for my ride, I have still had problems with getting it to idle. I think this is more a factor or my mechanical acumen (or lack of it).

By the way, these things will start in gear. This is not good when the throttle sticks wide open and you are "squatting" next to the bike!!!! I resembled a steer roper trying to throw the steer to the ground. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2006, 02:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I saw some of these Cool Sports atvs, what exactly is the address in Houston, Texas, as I do not need any headaches, the address I have is 8788 West Park Rd. Houston, Thank you

Old 12-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

The Westpark address is, I believe, the main warehouse. They do not sell directly that I am aware of. I think this is where the retailers get the crated bikes from. White Lightning Powersports, where I picked up my Cool Sports, is on Brittmore Rd in West Houston.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Range Rover
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I just got a CoolSports 150

http://www.lightningatv.com/images/at150ls1.jpg

The Blue one in the shop at Lightning...

I got it home and off the truck, backed it up about 2 foot (to clear the truck) and went to put it into forward and no forward just reverse... After playing with it no reverse, no nothing... Took the linkage and spring off and something isn't right... I'll take it to them (Lightning) tomorrow (Jan 2)... I'm not happy right now... This bike is going to my son who lives Northwest of Austin... I don't have time to run up and fix it every other weekend... I guess will see how the service part of Lightning is...

I'll let you know how it all turns out...

I was looking at getting me the 250 CoolSport but I'll hold off for now...

Old 01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

u guys are to funny buying junk cause it costs 699 or some nonsense. just buy a used bike and stop disapointing ur kids and urself. i'm so sick of reading these posts of junk. i still can't believe how naieve adults are. did'nt u grow up with honda, kawasaki's, zuzuki, and yamaha's but u see some junk sitting in a place that looks like knockoffs but they ship u guys with stuff upside down or u drive it around the yard the first day and it falls apart with a kid weighing less than 100 lbs. grow up man. atleast this raceway company would atleast handle ur stuff which seems like the best china crap around. but u think cause they charge a tad more u can get some other china piece of junk and ur going to be the one who wins the lottery of buying junk that works right.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

If they don't make everything right for you, let us know. We will do whatever we can to help you get it resolved.

Quick Reply: COOL SPORTS ATV