Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

COOL SPORTS ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

The Big 4 in the youth market really fall short on performance especially in relation high price tag. (but the quality is there)

Luckily for us their are companies like DRR and Cobra that make high quality quads for less than the big 4.

While these 2 brands are more expensive than your Red Cats, Kazuma etc...they offer a lot more in performance, safety and customer service.

The DRX50 is around $2,000 which is still less than the big 4, but it's features and performance are far superior than anything Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki or Suzuki put into the market in the youth range.

I speak from first hand experience......and I am a Honda guy to the core, but for the youth market they have missed the mark.

The TRX90 is a nice quad once you drop a lot of $$$ to make it a 125cc race quad with wider A-arms etc..........

I believe DRR will have the perfect answer for the 125cc race market in 2007.....For a lot less $$$$

To me the biggest performance/safety factor is the suspension/stability of the quad.....I imagine most ATV injuries are caused by the quad rolling over over the child which is all related to speed vs stability (narrow wheelbase, ornamental shocks etc)....

I guess my point is...yes there is a market for the Chinese products, but the big 4 isn't the all mighty all perfect answer either.....

Hey sometimes the budget is the budget and you can buy 1 nice quad or 2 ok quads and you have 2 children.....Makes the decision process that much harder??

Just make sure all the kids have protective riding gear (minimum-- helmet, chest protector, neck collar) and are supervised at all times..

ATV racing has brought my family some of the best times in our lives, so getting involved in this sport with your children is a step in the right direction

Good luck with your ATVS guys!!

Old 01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Well we have rode everyday since Christmas and the only other problem we have encountered is a burnt out head light on high beams. We changed oil after about 20 hours of run time, (used lucas full synthetic motorcycle\atv oil) and it starts and runs like a sewing machine. This is after several complete wash downs because it has rained everyother day. No loose chassis parts to speak of. I couldnt be more pleased with the bike. The only complaint is from my wife. Her 1/2 mile walking path around our 6 acre field has turned into a mud bog. Maybe I should have bought the $2,300.00 Honda 90 that I looked at, it came with turf tires like my snapper lawn mower.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Range Rover
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

litig8r187 I got a CoolSport 150 for the kids. (me too) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I got mine from Lightning too. I live in Friendswood and if you need a hand getting it running right let me know... You need to post some pic of your bike... BiggDaddyTx got the CoolSport 250 and we had to do a little tunning it get it to run right... The Batt seems to be a weak link... Let me know...

Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I already pitched the batteries on both the Cool Sports and the Kazuma. Went to Wally World with some dimensions and bought some real batteries. They sure start better and have a few more cranks in 'em in this cold a** weather. Of course I have also changed the plugs, oil, tranny oil, and I am looking for a better air filter setup. I still don't have the carb on the Cool Sport set right but the weird weather has kept me from messing with it much. My kids have really enjoyed riding even with some hiccups. I'm having to "relearn" some skills myself on the Raptor without killing myself (no small feat). My mind remembers the moves but the body is not quite willing.

I am kinda wondering if a 19mm Carb on the 110 is a little small (It is a Chinese Kiehin of dubious quality). As I recall, most of the Honda ATC 110s ran 22 mm carbs. I know the size of the motor is not the determining factor in carb size, but i wonder if a slightly bigger (and better quality) carb might make things run a little better and, maybe, even pick up some power (especially with a better breather). I notice a couple of places that sell the 22mm and 24 mm mikuni for about $50.00. May be worth the try. I am also "eyeballing the pipe for some free-er flowing exhaust.

Drifter, I'm up near College Station. My kids play select soccer and we have had a few games recently out at Centennial Park. Nice place. Maybe we'll see you around.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

The Cool Sports are made by TAOTAO aka AIM-EX in the US.
http://www.taotaogroup.com/
http://www.aim-ex.com/

Their sites don't give much info though.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Don't waste your MONEY!

I bought one for my son christmas gift and in less than 2 months I started to have problems with it. Went back to the dealer that sold it to me and they don't carry it anymore due to the amount of problems. They gave me the North American manufacture phone number which just happens to be in my home town of Houston. I called about the parts I needed and since they are Asian they could not understand what I needed so I drove down there and pointed to the parts on another quad they had. They pulled the parts off that quad and gave them to me. However, they were the right item but since they were a new model. The parts were little different. Quad is still not running. Told riding time is approximately 10 hours, the cost of the quad was $ 2100.00
So don't waste you money. Save a little more and buy a quad from a dealer that has been around and plans on staying like Honda, Yamaha or others.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I just bought one of those coolsport 250cc havent had a problem yet and i run it hard and im 260lbs,wheres that shop and can they mod them out alittle or where can i go for that? I'll send pics of it.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

what was their phone # over there at white lightning power sports have some questions for them.there numbers not on the internet,phone book ,or 411

Old 03-07-2023, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cool sports atv

Has anyone found out more on the cool sports? Bought one for $500 and would just like some knowledge on the engine and performance options!

Old 03-08-2023, 02:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 313 Likes on 307 Posts

Not a good enough picture of the engine, if it is a four stroke, it will be a GY6, used a lot in the early 2000s and still available. It is a fan cooled scooter motor, belt drive auto. An earlier post on this thread (35) recons it is a rebadged Tao Tao. I haven't heard anything about tuning them, so would guess it is best to use as it is, and trade it in for something bigger if you need performance.