Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

COOL SPORTS ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

First... No complaining here. Just informing. I was fully aware of what I was getting into. When I went to buy the Cool Sports, I was actually going to buy a Kazuma Falcon Delux 110. I decided on the Cool Sports because of, what appeared to be, a better suspension (better shocks, wider tack, longer swingarm) I knew I was taking a chance on this completely unknown bike and Yes I've had some minor problems with it. I'm also not sure how much of the problem is my own creation (jacking with the carb too much). The Kazuma 90 Mini Falcon has been flawless (so far) but I fully expect to do some wrenching on it too. I have always loved to ride but loved to tinker just as much. I can do a lot of tinkering for the $2K the Cool Sports saved me. So far, other than some QC issues, the biggest thing I see distinguishing the Japanese bikes and the Chinese are some poorly executed design flaws (none so far, are significant, merely quirky. But then again, I work on British sports cars also, so I have a very high standard for "quirky"). For example, in changing the oil in both, the plug is less than accessible. On the Kazuma, the drain plug actually hit the frame before completely coming out. I had to lossen the engine mounts to lift the motor to get it out. I fixed the problem with a new (shorter) plug. that is quirky.

I also bought from someone face to face so, if the need arises, I can go back. In fact, my profession allows the ability to find out quite a bit about individuals. I know much more about this dealer than he would prefer I know. He will not disappear on me even if he shuts down business. (Vee have our Vays)

As for the big four, they have nothing....nada.....in between their 90s and their 250s (I guess a Blaster if you want a 2 stroke). When you have a 5'4" 13 year old that has never ridden before, the puny framed 90's from Yamaha, Honda, Kawi & Suzuki (made by Kasae, a Taiwanese Company) don't cut it. Nor am I willing to throw her on a 250 (even a tame one like an EX) first rattle out of the box. The 110s and 150s from the Chinese fill the bill. My kids have been anything but disappointed. They are quite happy with their new rides as opposed to someone else's hand-me-down problems that would have still cost a grand more. And before anyone starts the "so your kid ain't worth the money of a $2500.00 ride" BS, yes they are, once they show they can take care of and appreciate something lesser. My dd will not get the 911S nor the '02 Vette sitting in the driveway either as her first car.

As for my history with the big four, I began riding in the late 60's - early 70's but have only ridden sporadically over the last 15 years. A ZA50 was my first ride. It is the identical set up, engine tranny wise, to these rides and I spent a lot of time wrenching that ZA50. I suspect your memory (if it is as distant as mine) is somewhat rose colored as to their reliability. I had to rebuild the little Kiehin carb a number of times and remember jacking with valve setting quite a bit also. My Mini Trail 90 was next followed by a HODAKA SUPER RAT (my dad was tired of "those Jap POS"). My first "real" bike was one of the first "modern" motocross rides, an RM370, with the new mono shock rear end!!!

All this to say, we (at least I) are not complaining. These Chinese bikes are the new thing. There are going to be lots of problems and growing pains but I believe they have the ability to catch and maybe even pass the Japs. The Taiwanese have shown how close they can get in a short period of time. Either the Chinese will catch up or the Japs will wake up and realize they are pricing themselves out of a huge market and make the appropriate adjustments in their marketing strategy. If not, the Chinese are ready, willing and , very soon, able, to fill and grow that market. I am so convinced of this, I have began looking at how to get "a piece of this pie".

Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

just buy a used bike and stop disapointing ur kids and urself. i'm so sick of reading these posts of junk. i still can't believe how naieve adults are.
Kickass210,

It's not your place to come on here and badmouth these people for what they bought or that they didn't help raise your stock in the Big 4. And if you're sick of reading the posts in here about them, there's an easy solution. Don't click on the threads you don't want to read. If I were you, I would sell all of your Big 4 stuff, take the money and get Hooked on Phonics. Then you might not get so frustrated reading threads. Or would you like to borrow some of the learn to read CD's from my five year old?

Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

atv's are that hard to figure out. the set up is real easy. in china they don't have copy right laws so why not just copy the japs and sell the same product here cheaper instead of bring fisher price products

Old 01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Originally posted by: kickass210
u guys are to funny buying junk cause it costs 699 or some nonsense. just buy a used bike and stop disapointing ur kids and urself. i'm so sick of reading these posts of junk. i still can't believe how naieve adults are. did'nt u grow up with honda, kawasaki's, zuzuki, and yamaha's but u see some junk sitting in a place that looks like knockoffs but they ship u guys with stuff upside down or u drive it around the yard the first day and it falls apart with a kid weighing less than 100 lbs. grow up man. atleast this raceway company would atleast handle ur stuff which seems like the best china crap around. but u think cause they charge a tad more u can get some other china piece of junk and ur going to be the one who wins the lottery of buying junk that works right.
kickass why are you even on here? do you own a china quad? i think you might of at one timebut you probably failed because of lack of mechanical ability.

most of us knew what we were getting into when we bought them and most of us know how to fix and do simple mods to them to make them better, and those who dont know we do the best we can to teach them and help them with problems.

ive had three of them now im down to two i sold the kazuma 110 lost 200 bucks on it,so far ive had minimal issues with them so i cant complain, will i buy anouther one? probably not, my 11 year old is pretty hard on the redcat 150 but its holding up so far hes gonna be ready for a honda.

these are good beginner quads for kids, just because you see the problems people are having with them i really dont think people are complaining to much for what they spent.
alot of people buy them because they are on a budget and its a way to get there kids there first quad.

do i think these are great quads? absolutly not, they are cheap with tons of desighn flaws but what do you expect for the money we payed for them

so back to the question why are you here? i see you ride a blaster why not terrorize the yamaha forums with all your knowledge?

have a great day and happy new year everyone.

hoyt

Old 01-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

this is one big forum. i just find it pretty funny. that people would buy junk when u can buy used at the same price. and maybe just clean the carb or change the oil and plugs and not have anything to worry about. then sell it with a feel ur not going to give junk to another person.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Sir,
He is just trying to spin and get under skin...don't let him. Love many, trust few and paddle your own canoe! SEADAWG

Old 01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Originally posted by: kickass210
this is one big forum. i just find it pretty funny. that people would buy junk when u can buy used at the same price. and maybe just clean the carb or change the oil and plugs and not have anything to worry about. then sell it with a feel ur not going to give junk to another person.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... first kids quad for many= budget. get it now im sure thats why people buy them.

didnt classes start back up yet!

hoyt

Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

u guys are to funny buying junk cause it costs 699 or some nonsense. just buy a used bike and stop disapointing ur kids and urself. i'm so sick of reading these posts of junk. i still can't believe how naieve adults are.
Yeah look at my pics and see how much I am "disapointing" my kids. Just look at the disappointment on their faces

I think we have the honor grad of the second grade in here.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I got one of the 50cc units for my son and he has driven it for about 3 hours and it is great. Better then I expected and for the cost it serves the purpose very well. Seems pretty well built, The steering was off but that was an easy adjustment.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Range Rover
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Well I took the Coolsport 150 to Lightning today and they were great,,, so far... I will call him tomorrow (Jan 03) at 1:00 to see what it's going to take to fix it... I'll post tomorrow night to let you know what he found and what it's going to take...

Quick Reply: COOL SPORTS ATV