Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

COOL SPORTS ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Anyone know anything about "Cool Sports" ATV? I've seen them at a couple of dealers in Texas who also sell Kazuma. Are they "related" to Kazuma like Redcat? They look interesting but I've havn't been able to find out much about them. That kinda scares me.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

never seen one in person, checked out pics of them,they look cool, frame looks strong, have they been around or are they new? thats what you gotta watch for future parts,alot of engine parts interchange, most motors are the same between all of them, liked the look of that camo 110 i saw.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Well, I guess I'll find out more about these bikes. I went and looked at several. It seems thay are made by a company that goes by the english name Kayak. the welds in the frams look stong and are cleanly done. On their 110, the front and rear are 2 inches wider than a Falcon 110 Delux. It has front and rear disc brakes, resevoir shocks, and twin A arm front suspension. The engine and tranny are the same set up as the Falcon. The distributor in Houston took me back to their parts area and they "appeared" very well stocked. the dealer has been in business selling these "Cool Sports" , Kazuma, and Xtreme for about 4 years. Who knows, it may end up being a boat anchor but I rolled the dice knowing I may get hammered. I also picked up a Falcon mini 90 delux for grins. We will see what happens.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

you bought the cool sports? it looked decent, like i said engine parts wont be hard to get, its chassis parts and body parts that might be a problem, or not, but they look pretty cool. keep us posted on that one. put up a review.

should be interesting.

hoyt

Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Yes, I picked up the 110 Cool Sports and a Kazuma Mini Falcon tonite. Probably want have much oppotunity to play with them before Christmas. I have to keep'em hid out. I'll do some breakin, bolt tightening and oil change so that closer inspection should give me a little bit more info. I keep ya'll posted.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I also bought a 110 cool sport for my 10 year old girl. Couldnt find much on them either. I see them around everywhere, used car lots, junk dealers, flea markets. I got mine from a scooter shop, had them oil it up and adjust the carb. I cant do much with it but ride it around in the parking lot, i am hiding it at work until Christmas. It starts up fine and runs good so far. The Honda atv of the same size was going to cost me $2300.00. I paid $699.00 for this one. I guess we will see if we got screwed.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Well, so far so good. Only have about an hour on it. Temps got pretty cold around here (near freezing) Christmas night. Temps had been in the 70s earlier this week (that last time either bike was started). Starting the Cool Sports Christmas was somewhat difficult. The throtle is still returning to idle very slowly. (Maybe sticky cable or slide, air leak, weak spring, although I hadn't noticed it before. Who knows). I am preparing to go through it and make sure everything is tight, change oil, plug, tranny oil.

The Mini 90 started and ran perfect but I'm going to go through it too.

My initial impression is that the Kazuma is better quality initially. The difference in the manuals are night and day. You almost have to read the "cool sports" with a cheap chinese accent to understand it.

Both of my girls loved the rides so that is waht counts. I'll let you know more later.

Trending Topics

Old 12-26-2006, 09:53 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Welcome to the forum litig8r187![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the review and keep the info coming.

Where did you guys find pics of it?

Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

Hi I bought 2 of the coolsport mud monster 110cc... Although they are neat looking I had nothing but trouble with the shipping, defective parts and missing parts. One of the Atvs got left in Salt lake city. I received the other one 2 days before Xmas shipped upside down with oil all over everything and impregnated into the seat. It had a cracked gas tank and intermit spark... needless to say it wasn't much fun for the grandkids xmas morning...

The other one that got left in Salt Lake City arrived today. The packing was completely destroyed and the cardboard box was just sitting over the top of thr ATV. Upon further inspection I found there was no battery, probably fell out along the way somewhere. I have not even tried to start it yet.

I think they came from Lightning ATV in houston TX. I ordered them from buyatvsonline.com and R+L Carriers was the shipping Co.(I guess you could call them shippers)

I finially got ahold of the main guy at buyatvsonline.com and his reply to my problem was wipe it down and you'll be good to go. I know I wont get any satifaction from shippers or the atv dealer and I cant even get the first atv started again (no spark) I dont know if one of the crappy interlocks is bad or the sparkplug died or the cdi or what is wrong. Im not even sure the spark plug listed in the terrible manual are right or letters transposed (AT7C) or is it (A7TC) and A7RTC... On ebay they say a NGK C7HSA , 4549, 4629 will work... which one/ones I have no idea.

I don't mind doing some wrenching, I knew I would have to do that , but its sure been one big pain in the $@# so far. It sure would be nice to have a electrical diagram of the several safety interlocks. I had to pull the lanyard one off and manually push the button in to get spark on the first one, now that doesnt work even.. Im not going to pay to have them shipped back so I probably cut the lanyard pull safety swich off and wire nut the wires together and keep looking for no spark problem... How do you tell if its the coil or CDI though??

Well the wife has not told me "I told you we should have bought that Grizzly 80" yet, But with my luck I'm sure it will come up... I dont know if I just had bad luck or if this happens all the time.

Any good luck bad luck stories? help with the spark? I know a little about engines just not sure how to pin down the bad part

RON

Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default COOL SPORTS ATV

I've just bought a Cool Sport (Aim-Ex Industries) from HighRPMracer.com. So far so good, I ordered the "Mudcat" but, they sent the "Bobcat". I guess that's a good thing ($100 more expensive machine). Only problem with shipping was the front bumper didn't make the trip.

I think I probably had the same problem you've described with the spark. Apparently, if the battery (Mine was a piece of junk) isn't charged enough, it will spin the starter but not spark. I solved my problem by connecting a 2 amp trickle charger to the battery. In a couple of minutes, it will crank then do all right for the day. I will replace the battery shortly.

Other problem that I had to overcome, it was a pain to get fuel to the cylinder. Once that was solved, the machine has performed well.

Hold it, I just remembered something. The day after my machine arrived, the shipping co. called asking about the atv. Apparently, they "lost" an atv somehow. My wife talked to them, but, she assured me we got the atv that was intended for us from the company (see above 1st paragraph).

Anyway, so far my experience has been somewhat dubious but overall satisfactory.

Quick Reply: COOL SPORTS ATV