Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 150 seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 150 seat

I just purchased a Shimoto 150 for my son. I'm told this a Yamoto sold under a new name due to Yamaha lawsuit. So far, I haven't had any of the nightmares that some have mentioned. The engine starts and stays running after it warms up a minute or two. It's been in the 30's for the last few days, so I find that encouraging. We did lose the muffler bracket bolt before I checked tightness the first time, but no serious problems.

The only annoying thing I'm dealing with is the seat. It seems to snap in OK, but the front works loose when riding. If you happen to hit some rough terrain the seat comes completely off. I've noticed after snapping it in place, if you pull back on the seat, the front bracket unhooks and the front is free to move side to side. This happens almost immediately when you ride. The front bracket seems to be slid as far forward as possible where it's attached to the seat. So I don't think I can gain anything by moving the the bracket in relationship to the seat.

Has anyone seen this issue? Do I need to perform a "bend adjustment" somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:49 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Yamoto 150 seat

Welcome to the forum kcrw79! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would think a little "bend adjustment" is probubly necessary. Check what ever the front tab hooks under and see if you can tighten or move it back a little. Or possibly look for some way to move the seat forward by bending something in the back. You should probubly get a hold of who ever you bought it from and see if that a common problem with them.