Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

it seems like these things are pieces of crap.

i got lucky with mine, but i knew what i was geting into for 540$ so i did not care. i can fix anything wrong with a ATV so i got a elcheapo first bike for my kid. "5 years old"

luckyly mine started at all by the sounds of things...but it did start and i have done the work and maintenace to keep it as healthy and reliable as it can be.

but if you are not a mechanic i think you might want to get a good japanese bike. there all sorts of little quality isues that can make these chinese bikes unsafe for kids that can easyly be over looked by a dude that is not realy into turning wrenches.and all sorts of mechanical isues that can just drive anyone nuts if you get a lemon. seems like it is like tossing a coin wether you will get a good one or not.

i feel that i could tear apart the bike with my bare hands if i wanted to. the plastics are a cheap grade that crack easy . the bumbers, and racks and even the frame seem to be a soft grade of steel tubing. the bolts are all a low grade. there threds on all the nuts and bolts are crapy...... the electrical conections dont have rubber seals in them and have a all around flimbsy chinese feel to them.i honestly think i could throw it around and grab it and start twisting it apart with my hands,for real it feels that cheap.

and they have bigger ones to now. ugly fake looking utillity bikes. and ugly fake looking sport 200cc or 250cc even water cooled engines. i seen a 150 air cooled and a 200 water cooled out last weekend in the woods "Yamotos. those things were junk. headlights poping out, to narow and wiered suspention geometry .bad air boxes they could not do any decent water crosings beside a mud puddle...just sory looking bikes. and they paid almost 2000 bucks each for the things, i know if you did some jumping on it or let me ride it for a day they would be destroyed.

if i needed a good cheap starter sport bike. i would buy a used blaster for the same money and have a good little tough cheap bike.i know the blaster has a few weakneses but not even close to what these chinese bikes have.no comparison..

i just dont believe the hype . these are cheap junky beginers bikes.

sory i just have to call a spade a spade.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

Amen, brother!

I get calls on these China quads everyday at work. Wether it is a tech call wanting to know what is wrong with their brand new china quad because the company they bought it from really don't know hardly anything about them. Or people are wanting to spruce them up to get more performance out of them which is usually hard to even do because their just isn't much to work with. Alot of times I feel bad in these situations because I have to tell them that their just isn't much I can usually do to help them. Even if I know what is wrong with their China quad, I have no idea where to get the parts they need to fix it. Believe me we've tried helping people in these situations and it always turns into a big nightmare real fast, just trying to get the parts to fix it.

I never would have imagined that their would be that much of a QUALITY difference between a Japan(Tiawan) quad and a China quad. The China quads, unfortunately , are a very small step up from a Power Wheels. When something goes wrong(it will) they should almost get treated like a Power Wheels and throw it out and buy another one.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they all were "good" quads. The Chinese just don't make quality a priority in any way. They want to do the least possible to get a "thing" together. So they can sell it for next to nothing, make some jing for their pockets and at that point they move on. Where's the pride in the products that they produce? What is it that they care about the most? You or your money? I feel sorry for the people that get trapped into buying these thinking that it is a good quad. Ecspecially if they were suckered by a dealer who feels the same way as the Chinese Manufactures.

People, I've learned many things in my years. One thing that really stands out in this situation is,"You USUALLY get what you pay for." Ecspecially if you are buying from people that have a real sense of pride in what they do and genuinely care about you, the customer.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

you get what you pay for! they are definatly not high quality.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah you said it guys. I felt real special when Suzuki too my money and treated me like their best friend. Invitations to corporate golf outings and Christmas parties were falling from the sky at my feet. They didn't care about my money, they actually cared about me.........YEAH RIGHT! All of the companies are about putting some "jing" in their pockets, be it the "big four", Chinese, or American. Come to think of it, I don't remember Polaris thanking me back in '95 when I bought my first Trail Blazer either. Do either of you think the quality out of the "big four" is as good as it used to be either? I see Jap quads all of the time with broken plastic "stitched" together with wire ties. I have heard of just as many problems with Jap quads, go visit some of the other forums.

You both are part of the percentage of people on here who have owned none of the Chinese quads, or have owned at the most 2, and actually bought junk. So therefore you have to try to regain some pride coming on here and bashing them.

Just remember one thing. The Chinese quality is improving at the same rate Honda did when they first started releasing machines.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

im not bashing i got 2 yet theve been decent, the falcon 250 im beginning to think its a p.o.s,the redcat 150 has been real good,the falcom 110 was good,i had no problems selling it to someone i know.

but the china ones will get better, and the jap ones still have problems, but the chinese are a way behind yet and i hope they get better quick my kid is going to need a new quad next year, if the china ones get better it might i said might be a option, but if not it will be a honda or polaris

Old 01-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

I think you know how I feel about Polaris. My Polaris in the only machine I own where I can't wait until the next time I ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

Wish my new 2006 honda ran HALF as good as the chinese one we just got. Honda told me I would need AT LEAST $160 for them to fix it, under warranty!!!

I do have a minor problem with my chinese quad, but John at Raceway will take care of me as soon as I get a chance to call him I'm sure.

Doesn't matter which way you look at it, theres always gonna be something someones complaining about whether its the big 4 or chinese[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well my Chinese piece of junk has served its purpose. It's not a Honda but runs just as good as my Honda's. The frame metal is the weakest link. Parts have always been attainable from the US manufacturer and from my local auto store. Sure I have had my issues but nothing that couldn't be repaired. Heck my Chinese battery is still going strong.

I knew exactly what I purchased. I never had any intention on going back to the dealer where I purchased my quad from for anything not even warranty work. It wasn't worth the time or effort to try and deal with the guy. It's easiest for me to find my own parts and do the work myself, not only that the parts are cheap.

speedblurr,

I'm sorry to hear your Honda is not doing too good. We have a 2007 and love it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You are right someone is always going to have a complaint about something no matter where it was made.

Why do you have to pay for something that is under warranty?

SB.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

these quads all come down to mechanical ability and imagination on how to fix and improve them for the money not that bad!

still trying to think of a way to repower the falcon 250 with a different motor, the cn 250 motor is a P.O.S, runs good but......leaking oil, anti freeze.water pump has been replaced oil is leaking where the crank case bolts together.... im not even ripping this motor apart.
this is definatly the worst motor they put in a china quad.

hoyt

Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Some Chinese quads are better than others.

Have any of you tried to find a athletic shoe that isnt made in China? (excuse me for going off topic)

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!