Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

this has to be the best looking one i have seen.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this has to be the best looking one i have seen.

Originally posted by: Drifter463
I'll take this one...

http://www.atvsimports.com/atv-300cc-raptor.html
That one looks awsome!!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Range Rover

i wonder how those fake elka shocks on it would work on a 400ex?

those shocks look good!

Old 01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bought 2 of these in 200cc models a few days after Christmas from a dealer in Atlanta under the Panther name.

I am no expert by any stretch, but my buddy races road courses and has many very high end bikes.

He has been very impressed.

I had also bought 2 Kazuma Dingo 150's prior to Christmas and to me, the quality is way above the Kazuma.

Everything tight, no rattles, decent shocks, very good low end power.

We have beat these 2 pretty good since we bought them and to date no problems.

On one we had to take apart the rear disk brake because it was binding and repack and on both 200's the chain started to show rust after first use, so we removed and cleaned and added some good chain oil.

Assembly was very quick and easy and a nice touch, though minor..... was the tires where inflated out the box and all have had no bead issues, unlike the Kazumas.

My buddy says for a china product and being spoiled on high end jap bikes for his entire life......these are a great product for the money.

We paid $1099.00 each unassembled.

The Kazumas are for sale.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
geo
Trailblazer

the chinese quads are strictly for kids - they're basically disposable toys. they may look good, but beauty is only skin deep. remember that ALL of these quads are copies of some other quad. although they've been able to duplicate their appearance, the real engineering lies within component functionality and durability - and that's extremely difficult to replicate and requires a significant investment in terms of testing and development, something that the chinese do not (yet) do.

anyone who purchases one of these as an adult machine instead of a used honda/suzuki/yamaha will be SEVERELY disappointed. the suspensions are crap, the motors are anemic, and you'd be crazy to plan an out of state riding trip around their pathetic durability (how bummed who you be if you hauled your quad 3 hours away, then rode it for 45 minutes before your buddy had to tow your sorry broken down *** back to camp?).

you want a good inexpensive quad? buy a nearly perfect 10 year old 300ex for about 2 grand.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

Geo,
You are putting all of them in the same category...you just trying to spin people up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You a dealer?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think this new '07 Jetmotto 250 will change you mind...I hope it will change mine too. I'm going to try to find one and beat the crap out of it and see how it hangs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyone have one in Washington[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Old 01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
geo
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Geo,
You are putting all of them in the same category...you just trying to spin people up You a dealer? I think this new '07 Jetmotto 250 will change you mind...
not a dealer, senior mechanical engineer and avid atv enthusiast. and for what it's worth, the JM 250 i rode last year could barely pull the front wheels off the ground and rode like a tank. i recognize the chinese are making headway, but so far i'm far from impressed by the full-size market.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Beat him down for sterotyping all the chin-ease atvs into one crappy group, but I have to agree. The ATV market is booming here in Arizona and these Cheap toy atvs are flying off the shelves. They are on every street corner being sold by fly-by-night sleezy salesmen and gas stations, and even a few auto parts stores. Since this is a kids section lets talk about that..... Unfortunatly kids anymore have an attention about as long as my foot, and many loose interest in stuff far faster then we did in our day. We had no playstation, computers, and sure we had a tv but it had 4 channelsand our parents would never allow us to sit in front of it for any period of time. When we got our hands on something new... Bicycle, BB gun, whatever it was we drove that crap into the ground. Those times are gone. Parents buy stuff for their kids and they fool with it for a few weeks or a few months until there is something else new on the horrizon that they go fool with. Not all but most are like this anymore... its the way of the world, exceptions to every rule of course. And on top of the negativity, there is a small fact about children.... They grow and wont be on that ATV much longer then the shoes that are on their feet. So I say if you have one of these kids that have no attention span and you feel you must go blow a grand on them, then by all means go buy one of these cheap atvs. Their lifespan is about as long as he/she will play with it, or before they grow out of it anyhow. As for anyone over the age of... ohhhhh, I will have to say 13 to 15.... Chin-ease atvs= waste of time. Any teenager who has a year of ride time is too heavy, too experienced, and ride too hard for a 250 4 stroke. I see kids at 14 riding Raptor 700s. Go to any MX track here in az... count how many off branders are their playing?? none?? You think if they were capable they would be there? Go to the biggest toybox and most popular riding spot in the entire west coast if not the U.S., the ISDRA(sand dunes)and count how many off branders are out of the hard pack. Maybe im blind, but ive been going to the dunes since '87 and never seen one out of the flats. If they could make it, people would do it. These Chin-ease quads arent for adults. Even the young adults. Why would I but a new ATV 300cc Raptor Style (which by the way looks nothing like a raptor, but a TRX instead) when I can buy a used Blaster for $1500. A blaster would eat that 300 4 stroke for lunch in speed, reliability, quality, aftermarket support, MFG. support, availibility of OEM parts, and im sure there is a few im missing. Little kids, cheap works.

Thats just my opinion.
Of course you know what opinions are like....

Old 01-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

"the JM 250 i rode last year could barely pull the front wheels off the ground"

Hmmm I guess you don't know how to ride... Tonight I got my kids CoolSport 150 (auto) up about 45 degrees... Here is the bike, http://www.lightningatv.com/images/at150ls1.jpg

Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: geo
not a dealer, senior mechanical engineer and avid atv enthusiast. and for what it's worth, the JM 250 i rode last year could barely pull the front wheels off the ground and rode like a tank. i recognize the chinese are making headway, but so far i'm far from impressed by the full-size market.
According to some of your earlier posts here you are a dealer.

If you dont mind me asking......When/how did you get your hands on one of the 6 prototype Jetmoto 250 sport quads?

Unless your talking about that 2 cylinder model. It is a tank.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Kinda funny about the shocks being weak, underpowered and such.

How many people have you seen that buy a 400ex, z400, trx450, rapry 700 etc.. and go out and buy a new pipe, then a new suspension, then a new carb...

Is that to say the stock stuff from Japan isn't good too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: this has to be the best looking one i have seen.