Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hi-performance parts for Kazumas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-performance parts for Kazumas?

Does anybody know where I can get hi-perf. parts or power improvment tips for Kazuma atv. cams,carbs,intake, exhaust parts? My sons have a Meerkat 50 and Falcon 110. Thanks for any advice.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

69goat,

Welcome to the forums. I have done a few mods with my Redcat (Kazuma) 150 that you can do on your Falcon. First, I took the stock airbox off and put on a UNI 2 stage air filter (magicracing.com). Measure the intake of your carb where the airbox was attached, and then order the UNI filters from Magic Racing. You will have to call them to order it. Another thing I did was gutted the muffler (not legal in most areas) and welded a new end cap back on. Keep in mind you will have to rejet the carb on your 110 if you do this. As for the 50, I don't think you're going to find a lot of aftermarket upgrades for it. You will have to be creative.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

first of all i wouldn't waste my time or money on any performance parts for the 50-150 chinese atv's,except on the 150's i would install lighter roller weights, gutting the muffler only going to make it louder and more then likely loose power instead of gaining any, as far as a airfilter, if you ride in any type of mud or dusty conditions you'd want to keep the stock airbox, a k&n or uni will plug up a lot faster riding in mud or dust, as for the 50 and 110 , you can buy a new 70cc engine off of e-bay for around 235$ for the 50 meerkat (example item #280071454972 ) and for the 110 you can purchase a 110cc with 12 hp, for around $300, or even a 125cc for around 350$ all of these engines should both right in,

Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Great advice, if there is one thing we can all say, it is the Chinese have no real after market...it is the brain power and years of riding that help others modify theirs Some day, somebody will make a killing in the after market when all these fly by nights shake out and we only have to deal with the good companies. SEADAWG

Old 01-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Gutting my muffler made it more throaty instead of loud. It's not going to break the Db barrier by any means, but it sounds great now. And I gained noticable low end torque. and a UNI will keep plenty of mud and water out as long as you keep it oiled and don't submerge it.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

We have a 110 Falcon. We (son and I) put on a highflow KandN filter $20 e-bay, a high flow exhaust (for a pitbike had to extend the pipe alittle) $70 e-bay, boost bottle (yes it made a difference) $25 e-bay, high lift cam (had to relieve the piston alittle) $40 e-bay, performance CDI box (9,000 RPM) $30 can?t remember where, 26MM carb and intake (needed to be creative to install) $85 e-bay, port and polished head (did it ourselves), rejetted (jets from local dealer) $15 and we also used some longer bolts and metal tubing to space out the wheels. It sounds like a little stock car and has power to spare! I figure we cut the life of this machine by more then ?!

Most of the parts are for pit bikes, pocket bikes and scooters they are pretty much the same engines as the ATVs have but you always have to check sizes for fit or possible modifications.

There are quite a few places to get performance parts if you know what you want or need but e-bay seems to be the cheapest. It takes research. If your looking for something specific I?d help but I?m not a ?real? mechanic.

In all honesty the money would be better off spent on a bigger quad but in this day and age with all the influences on our kids wouldn?t you want to be the biggest influence on your kids? Ya me too!! Enjoy them while you have them. We had many fun and learning hours on this project.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Start a aftermarket company doing this for Kazuma...we need it. SEADAWG

Old 02-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

leswind,

You got the right idea! Modding is alot of fun, making something work that wasn't really intended for it is a blast.

I had to do that for my Suzuki Volusia. It was brand new in 2001, and you couldn't get a thing aftermarket. Not even saddlebag supports. Everything I did for that bike was a mod or fabrication. I enjoyed the heck out of it!

Hopefully my daughter will be a gear head when she gets older. She is 2 now, but can't stay off my motorcycle (no, I don't give her rides on it) or my quad! I hope I have the chance to spend lots of hours in the garage with her.