Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton viper carb jetting question, using full choke?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton viper carb jetting question, using full choke?

My son has a Eton viper 90 with a pod unifilter with modifed snorkel on it. I have a 100 main jet on it with the needle clip second on up from the bottom. Removed the WRH racing exhaust TOO LOUD neighbors complaining! So stock pipe now back on it. Also has the clutch modifications on it, heavyer variator and stiffer clutch spring. Only way it runs well if he runs it at FULL choke! but then it doesn't idel well! The question is do I need to go bigger or small on the main jet now? Should I also put the stock variator roller back with the stock pipe?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

If it only runs with the choke on, then it needs more fuel(bigger jet). Unless it has developed an air leak. Is that the jetting you ran with the WRH exhaust and same air inlet system? I also question the heavier roller weights because the stock ones would most likely be the heavier ones, coming in at about 8g each.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yes definitely bigger jet, it's starving for full which is why it runs full throttle and with choke on.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry my mistake i did mean to say put back the heavier weights with the stock exhaust. This is the same jets I used with the WRH exhaust. I was having problems with that system too! So I figured I try to go back to the basics. Reinstalled the stock exhaust but don't want the stock air filter back! I also have a heavier clutch spring and power reeds, but I do think it is definalty a carb problem. I was thinking of going totally stock and work my way back to the modified air filter system! I don't think I can go any bigger with out drilling out the main jet seat, and I did not want to do that! Well any way I'll let you know how things go. Thanks for the advise!!

Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

you can go bigger on the main. the stock carb with a pod filter is a jetting nightmare but you seem to want to keep it. i would try a 110 or 120 main and go from there. wrh has the bigger jets. if you went back to the stock pipe you need to go back to all the stock clutch and variater parts too.

Mark

Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I just switched to a uni filter on our viper 90 this fall..With the stock jetting it would just bog if you opened up the throttle..I switched to a #115 jet and it ran pretty good but still looked a tad lean on the spark plug..It was only about 50 degrees out though so that might be ok in a warmer temp...I've since put it away for the winter..