Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

jetmoto top speed????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetmoto top speed????

A buddy of mine is looking to buy a new quad for his 9 yr old son. After being a member of this forum for a few months, I have heard a lot of folks talking about these Jetmoto's so I decided to do a little research. My preliminary results have found about an 80% approval rate and the guys from Raceway seem to really have their stuff together. I have been on a lot of different websites that carry jetmoto atv's and have read all kinds of different posts. My buddy is considering the 125 or 150 for his son. I think both have the look of a very sporty quad and for a decent price. However, I have seen different max speeds on all of the different sites ranging from 30-48mph (for the 125cc). So I am just looking for an honest answer about what the top speed really is???? Also, are you able to switch out sprockets (like a honda for instance) to decrease and increase top end / torque, etc? Also, as far as modifications, I am guessing it is pretty easy to put an aftermarket air filter, slip on exhaust, et and make it really go.???
I also read a thread about the new 125cc with a big bore kit (138cc). Are there any reviews out for that yet? I just want to help my buddy get a good, safe, quad for his son. Thanks for your help and sorry about the lengthy post.