Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Giovani 110cc Mini hummer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
mrj
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovani 110cc Mini hummer

Anyone had any dealing with this brand name Giovani. There dosent seem to be much info on them but when I do a little cross reference it maybe a Lifan brand or some Honda OEM. I purchased it off of Ebay from Allstar Salez out of British Columbia, Canada for $700 Canadian shipped to me. It comes with a 1 year warrenty. He has sold alot of these and the majority of feedback has been positive minus a few shipping issues. I read a site and they say check it out all over for loose bolts before you ride it and keep a bit of Locktite on bolts that may come loose. I am sure its not going to be a rock solid bike but I am pretty good mechanically and can fix most things myself. I belive it is a Chinese brand and a friend sold a few of the 50cc models and never had much problem with them other then carb adjustments. The 110cc model looks to be the same engine design just a bigger bore and a bigger carb. I looked at purchasing a brand name but almost $4000 was a little to expensive. I have a 11 girl and a 8 year old boy and I didnt want to invest major bucks into something just yet considering there age. If anyone has had any experiance with this brand would love to here from ya

Old 03-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

HI, You can click on search and type giovanni into the forums here. There are lots of posts on the gio.
I have had a few of the 50 cc ones and been more than happy. 2007 ones are not made by the same company that made the 2006 models. Things look alittle different, engine, handle bar controls and carb. The carbs are harder to set and keep set than the 2006 models( just my thoughts). They sure take a beating and keep running. good riding

Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

I just bought a Giovanni hummer 110cc atv Mini hummer for my son last Sunday. The shipping is really fast, I live near Van though and your on the other side of Canada so hard to say when u would get it. I just started a post yesterday called "Chinese ATV has no spark". After 2 days of messing around I still have not been able to start it but Im getting close . The bike is not that bad. It will take 2.5 hrs to put it all together and adjust everything. The bike seems solid but one thing that seems a little cheesy is the air filter is the same as the open air cone found on a pocket bike. I will try to get ahold of a proper water resistant air filter box. The seller is really good at returning emails and tries to help the best he can but he doesnt really know alot. Id recommend this bike, and if you cant get it running I should be albe to help you after Im done tearing this one down lol.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

MPK make sure the brake lever is pulled in, and the teather on the back is engaged, I've "fixed" 6 or 7 that owners can't start by those two simple things.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Tazmo, I found my problem yesterday, it was a short in the ignition switch. I found out that the kill switch and tether both have a plug with a black wire and a black-White wire. Unplugging both of these plugs will eliminate these 2 switches. There is also a black and black-white pair of wires that run to the ignition switch which when tested should show no continuity while key is in run position.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

Another item I forgot to mention was that the suggested oil for these things is 15w-40. I followed Giovannis recommendation and thats what I put in but it seems like such a strange type. What type of engine oil were your friends running Tazmo? Thanks.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
mrj
Weekend Warrior

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread and to those who are going to. ATV Connection has the most amount of info on the Gio's I can find anywhere. It makes my decision to purchase one of these Mini ATV's a little easier. With everone adding there experiance be it good or bad we can draw a better concusion. I dont mind tinkering around with bikes. I have owned 3 dirt bikes and 2 street bikes in past years along with my current ATV and I have been lucky enough to have a mechanical background so im not to conserned. All the info makes it alot less time consuming for diagnosis and the kids in their own way will thank each and everone of you for your input when they ride thier own ATV. In summary I would like to recap some of what my research has found regarding the Gio ATV line. Some info may not be directed towards a particular model but I think it is worth stating and please if anyone has any more info please jump in the more the better.
1) Gel packs in carbs may or maynot be present but remove the bowl and if its there remove it and check all fuel line clamps some have been know to be loose. Better to remove the gel pack that let the guck go thru the carb maybe causing problems.
2) Change the oil BEFORE you start it. Some type of mineral/vegtable oil mixture from the manafacturer maybe as a result of shipping laws. I see most people recomend 10w40 motorcycle oil but I have seen one guy stating that 15w40 is what Gio recommends and someone said he runs 20w50. Change the oil again after an hour of service to remove any metal filing from the engine during initial startup.
3) Change the spark plug BEFORE you start it with the NGK equvilent
4) The bikes seem to have a saftey switch on the handle bar brake. The bike will not start without applying the break.
5) Alot of 50cc owners report having to adjust the valve's but I see most saying that always check the gap BEFORE you adjust for a base setting. There are many diffrent settings from .002 on both intake and exaust to .008 on both. Others are saying leave well enough alone with the valve settings. Dont always suspect the valves for low power at start off it may be just the throttle limiter set to low not alowing the bike to build up enough RPM to move.
6) I have read of problems lights and charging. The batterys are not generally of a good quailty. It also seems that with the low RPM's may not alow the charging magnito to do its job and charge the battery if the throttle limiter is set to low. I can see those with the throttle limiters set low buying a small DC charger to give the battery a little pick me up ever now and then and dont use the headlights unless you have to.
7) Carb issue's seem to be the biggest problem. If you are unsure how to set up a carb and have a freind who can do it it may be easier to call in a favor. But if you are able to then search Gio's within ATV Connection site. There are several good links here.
8) Another issue seems to be poor wiring especially in the kill switch area at the handlebars. They seem sometimes not make good connection in the switch thus not alowing them to start.
9) Replace the fuel lines and clamps (crappy orginals) and install a in line fuel filter but be aware what is around the filter after installation. Use caution not to place it to close to the engine heat as one person had done and melted the plastic filter housing untill it had almost gone thru when his child was riding it luckly he caught it before it burnt through (not his fault someone installed it for him)
10) One place I read talked about grease fitting on the rear swing arms and changing then to a standard size . I am not sure if the 110 and smaller have them but I think I will install them if I can to prevent premature ware of the bushings.
11) One site I was on it recommended checking the ATV out for loose bolts before putting it into service. It is not uncommon to have loose bolts on the bike before delivery to you as these bikes have not had any predelivery checklist done. The last thing we want a part comming off and one of our kids coming off the bike and getting hurt. Keep a tube of lock-tite around for loose bolts.
12) Some people with smaller children have changed the hand brake lever with a plastic Emgo or a Kimpex brand and have heated them up and bent them in for smaller hands. Great idea
13) Most inportant keep checking back at the ATV Connection for updated info as someone elses diagnostic experiances can cut hours off of you wow's

This is most of what I read over the past while. I would love if someone else had a few cents worth experiance to add to this thread. You know the funny thing is I dont even have the bike but im off work for a month or so and had a few hundred hours to kill to research a little. Anyway I hope this has hepled someone in some way get and keep the Gio's running for the kids to have fun on as i'm sure mine will when it get here. I'm not sure who will enjoy the bike more me or them as my Arctic Cat 300 is a little crowded with a 12 and 8 year old on it.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

Looks good MRJ. I got my sons GIO 110cc Hummer running today and its a peppy little bike (yes I can do wheelies like the Ebay video hehe). Im sure my son will love it as soon as he gets a chance to try it, if it ever stops raining. Im a bit concerned though as I have never had an atv with a ctv transmission and this bike does not appear to engine brake. Engine braking I find is nice for younger kids to slow them down because they are not strong enough to activate brakes properly. The problems I had are a short in the ignition switch and then I had to bleed the fuel system of air and make an adjustment to the carb. Im sure the bike will be fine now thats its all set up.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 AM
mrj
Weekend Warrior

Hey MPK123!
Thanks for the added imput. I'ts great when we all share our experiance as is said two heads are better then one. I am wondering if you could be a bit more descriptive regarding some of the items below as I havent got the kids bike yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
1) Did you purchase a new spark plug if so what was the correct match?
2) How about the engine oil is it changed and if you did what grade and type of oil did you use 15w40 regular diesel engine oil as you mentioned earlier
3) How about a oil filter, was there any? I couldnt see any mention of one anywhere.
4) Did the 110cc have any other places to change oil fluids other then the engine because i've read on a few posts that some bikes have gear oil in a reverse gearbox! I belive they might be 150cc and bigger.
5) How about a air filter box any luck?
I have just picked up on the spelling of Giovanni it has two "n" not one. Maybe that has my search a little slower. HMMM! So many questions im just iching to get the bike. I feel worse then the kids would if they knew aout the ATV coming almost like xmas all over again. I require IMPUT IMPUT IMPUT or im going to POP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
A few to many coffee's at 7:00 am on saturday morning is a buzzz!
Thanks once again

Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

I hope you get your bike quickly but most likely it will be late next week because your east coast. Hopefully you also get a truck that can properly deliver your bike too. I kid you not, UPS sent my GIO ATV in a mini van driven by a 55+ year old woman. I was at work too so she had to unload it.

1) I matched the stock A7TC Plug with a NGK C7HSA. Giovanni suggested .7mm gap however I made gap . 4mm to match stock A7TC Gap
2)Giovanni suggests 15w-40 oil so I put that in it. I will be changing oil again after 2 hours riding to get rest of shipping oil out. I will then probably put some of my Honda non additive oil in.
3)I have not seen an oil filter however when I do next oil change I will pull both case side covers off to look to see if there is atleast a screen or something.
4)There is no reverse on this bike and I believe there is only the 1 drain plug.
5)I am going to go to a bike graveyard and see which make of bike has an airfilter box and filter that will fit.

This bike also does not have a petcock, the hose connects directly to the bottom of cheesy pocket bike style tank and has an inline fuel filter to carb. I would like to change the fuel line aswell because it has a very thin wall and pinches easily. I may also fab a guard at work to protect the disc brake and chain better.

Correct me if Im wrong or missed something. Im not a mechanic, just a hobby for me hehe.

Quick Reply: Giovani 110cc Mini hummer