Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Congrats on your purchas.Please keep usposted on your progress and reviews.And don't be afraid to post a pic or two.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Guys,
Haven't logged on in awhile. Been really busy. But thought I'd check in and am pleased to find a new owner. Baja-D I think you'll like the new ride. I have to tell everybody that I have riden the crap out of the Panther 150 all summer and hunted with it this fall. I have draged hunting gear and tree stands, jon boat and fence posts. I love this quad ! It runs great in 30 degrees or 100 degrees. MY son is 6'5" and my grandson is 40". They both love it but the grandson usually wins out ! He has logged more time than me on the thing and all he knows is start it up and go. What's mantenance ? All in all my Panther is the same as my wife's Hi-Bird ans we love them both. I recommend them to anyone starting out and doesn't have a trust fund ! Maybe even then !

Have fun all and Merry Christmas !

Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Whiskers,good to here from you.Good to hear your bikes are running well and maintenance free.How did you do on deer season?
Havn't hear from XavierOnasis in a long while either wonder how he is doing as well..
Merry Christmas !

Old 12-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer

Hey kczukiman ! I didn't tag anything so far this season. Early in the season for bow season I saw a couple of nice bucks but out of range for the bow. And I really don't need the meat bad enough to clean a doe this year. Then as we moved into gun season all i see is does and they are not legal for guns anyway in my county. But we have had a really hot wierd season. I have been too busy most of the time and when I get time it's just too hot to fight off the mesquitos ! I'm hoping to get in a couple days during the holiday time. Happy Holidays !

Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Cool looking ATV (Hi Bird QH-200ST)...not real big but still OK for an adult and especially for my wife. Did not get an assembly guide but managed to get it all together (after re-reading the most excellent writeup report) in about 2 beers and 2 hours. I would recommend filling and charging the battery first so it is ready when the job is done. Fit and finish is not up to major brand standards but hey for the money ($749.00 out the door inc. delivery) and fun factor it should be fine.

"Operation Instruction" manual is a hoot to read and try to figure out what they really are saying. Some specs don't match...tire size (mine bigger), transmission speeds (mine not 6 speed), etc.

If it runs as good as reported I will likely buy another one for me ASAP. You can get four or more of these for the price of one of a major brand. If you are not hard core this looks like the way to go.

Baja-D

Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Baja-d,Thanks for the update. THose bikes are awsome for the price.They arn't designed to brake speed records but for a lot of atv enthusiests they are just what the doctor orderd.xo's report is tops from any that I have read .Please keep us posted on your endevers.What color did you get ?Does your wife know she has it yet? or are you waiting till Christmas?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is the dark green...I liked the black but they were all out. She knows...I wanted to make sure she would be happy about it first so I took her to the store to try a few on and laid out my plans.

Tonite it starts and goes for a ride.

12/20/07 Update

Put the battery in and hit the start button.... no go. Hit the emergency/run switch (it was in the center position but needed pushing in) and after a big kabam we have ignition. Started at very high idle but adjusted the set screw on the carb to bring it down to earth. Gearing feels too tall...release the clutch in first and hang on cause you are going faster than you want. Kept killing the beast. Are different sprockets available on these?

Lights are a joke...unless one wants to scare the owls at the top of the trees as you go by. Can't tell between high beam and low beam which is which as they seem to go all over the place but on the road ahead. Brake light does not work..needs investigating. Engine starts well and idles smooth but once you are off idle what a vibration monster! I can see why everything comes loose. Ride is a bit scary but I am getting used to it. Stopping will be an adventure...not much brake action from the front or back brake levers.

Having second thoughts about getting another one just yet. I will take it down to Baja next week and try it out on the beaches and see how things go.

Worth $750.00...so far yes. Like a name brand machine...nope!

Baja-D

Old 12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default Detailed consumer report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200

Your report is awesome. In fact, your very first report convinced me to buy from Motorxtremes. I bought a Tornado 200 and a Hurricane 250. I have had them for 3 months & have ridden the hell out of them with no problems. I am very pleased with these 2 machines. Thanks for all the info you have provided.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Detailed consumer report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200

Just wanted to say I ordered a new Hi-Bird 200 based on what I read here. I love it! I don't know if they are making them a little better now or what, but mine is 100%. Grease plugs present where needed, all nuts and bolts in good shape (did tighten up a few) It runs greats. Front in alignment is even pretty close. I will say the directions (what little they were) suck, but, everything is pretty much common sense. I got it from anamcycles.com, where this unit sells for $799 shipped and you can get $50 off by making a phone order, so paid $749 shipped for this atv. I am going to order my Father one soon, and a neighbor as well wants to place an order. A great deal for the money. Thanks for this great thread!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey did you ever figure out the over flow problem? I have the same issue, was told by VBike to bounce it three times and that would adjust the float, worked first two times. I could not get it to stop, so I shut off the fuel. VBike told me to take the carb off and check the float, I did this, seems to work now but I am not confident that it will stay this way.

Quick Reply: Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.