Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

150cc Giovanni ATV wiring problems.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 150cc Giovanni ATV wiring problems.

Hi all,

I just purchased a new 150cc Giovanni ATV and accidentally pulled the bumper guard with the wired connectors for the headlights while trying to assemble it. I tried my best guesswork to wire them back together only to blow out the fuse beside the battery. Does anybody here know how the wires are supposed to reconnect together properly? The bumper headlights wires are 2 blue, 2 white and 2 black wires, and the wires they have to connect to on the bike are 2 blue, 2 green and 2 black wires. Other than that the bike seems to work perfectly fine. I changed the oils, sparkplug and installed a fuel filter. Any help with my wire problems will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tim Freeman

Old 03-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have a picture of your ATV? Someone could probably help better if they know exactly what you have.

I have one that looks exactly the same as the Giovanni 150cc atvs that are being sold on ebay. However, mine says it is made by "Easy Vehicle Co.". LOL what a chinese sounding name, hehe.

OffRoadNoob

Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,

My bike came from Vancouver (allstarsalez) dealer. I bought it from eBay and it comes with reverse and kick starter/electric starter. I don't have a picture of it and my camera isn't working, sorry. I would think that all the 150cc Giovanni ATVs are the same, so is it true that some are different?

Tim Freeman

Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

Does it look like this one?:

Easy 150

That's the one I got, but I got mine for $1000 instead...

Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by: truffy
Hi all,

I just purchased a new 150cc Giovanni ATV and accidentally pulled the bumper guard with the wired connectors for the headlights while trying to assemble it. I tried my best guesswork to wire them back together only to blow out the fuse beside the battery. Does anybody here know how the wires are supposed to reconnect together properly? The bumper headlights wires are 2 blue, 2 white and 2 black wires, and the wires they have to connect to on the bike are 2 blue, 2 green and 2 black wires. Other than that the bike seems to work perfectly fine. I changed the oils, sparkplug and installed a fuel filter. Any help with my wire problems will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tim Freeman
How did you hook up the wire the first time? I would have gone with blue to blue, black to black, and green to white, to start with. If that set up blew the fuse then I would use a test light on the blue, black and green wires to find out which wire is hot (the wire that has electrical current).

I have some 150 wiring diagrams if you want them.

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,

Thanks, I never thought about using my wire tester before. I'll start on that first thing tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to see your wire diagram if it is any better than what I have in my manual. My diagram doesn't say all that much when it comes to the colored wires to be connected. It only shows the green and blue wires, not showing the white, blue and black wires from the headlights that have to be connected with the green, blue and black wires on the bike. Thanks for your wire tester advice.

Tim Freeman

Old 03-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: smb05
Originally posted by: truffy
Hi all,

Tim Freeman
Let me know if you still have problems and I'll trace the wires on my son's 150. He has the same quad. There is also a dedicated forum for giovanni owners. It doesn't have alot of members yet, but its growing. John, the owner of allstarsalez lurks/posts on their also. Their are also some guys on there that have had alot of these quads and are very knowledgable.giovanni forum

Old 03-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, I have been to that site and I already emailed to John, but all his 150cc bikes were sold and he couldn't help me with the wiring problem. However, I just tested and reconnected all the headlight wires properly and now things are OK. Has anyone ever heard of putting better tires for traction on these bikes? My bike doesn't seem to have much traction compared to the three wheeler Honda Big Red I had about 12 years ago. The tires on this new bike seems to slip on mud ice and snow around my place. The pressure was too high when I first assembled them and traction was worse, but even now with the pressure lower it seems a little better but still slips too much on slippery surfaces. Any advice on how to improve traction around the hills up on my place?

Tim

Old 03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: OffRoadNoob
Does it look like this one?:

Easy 150

That's the one I got, but I got mine for $1000 instead...
That's just about what I paid for with tax and shipping included. I'd say my bike was reasonably priced in my bid at eBay, how do you feel about the price you paid?

Tim

Old 03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

I'm glad you got that figured out. That's funny how our quads look exactly the same but yours is "Giovanni" and mine is "Easy". LOL. I even noticed the description for both quads is strikingly similar (almost word for word. lol).

For the price, I'm definetely pleased with what I got. I bought it last fall because it seemed like the best deal around. After that, I did see one 1998 Yamaha Blaster 200cc for $1100, but it was sold the next day and I already bought the chinese one. However, I haven't seen a deal anywhere near that good since (some guy is trying to sell his '91 blaster for $3400 and it costs like $5000 brand new. All I could do is LOL at that one). It seems like you can get better deals on good quads in the US, but they are just a ripoff up here.

So, I think I did pretty well to get this quad for that price. It really does have a lot of power, especially low-end. Make sure to locktite all the bolts you can get at (use the RED threadlocker). I didn't do this at first and I had my exhaust pipe come off the frame at the back because the bolt just came loose. That caused a small crack in the pipe. I used a little locktite and some aluminum exhaust repair tape and everything seems just fine now. I guess I'll have to replace the pipe at some point. The tires don't seem to have the best traction in snow or slush. However, you will find that it can get up some pretty mean slopes without a problem when the snow is gone. I find it fun slipping around in the snow - you can do some pretty wild donuts. lol.

OffRoadNoob

Quick Reply: 150cc Giovanni ATV wiring problems.