Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton Viper no spark """"FIXED"""""

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton Viper NO SPARK

Hi, My boy was riding his 05 Viper 90R , stopped for a minute and tried to start it again but there is no spark now,,
Does anyone have the specs on some of the electrical parts, like the coil, voltage regulator , and the stator?
And what are the steps to test them? How do i know which one is bad?

If it is the stator, where is the best place to get a new one?

Thanks for any help,
Kevin Still

Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

I can get you a new stator for around $50. I'm an ADLY-Moto dealer and the electrical parts are the same as the VIPER.
In my experience though....no spark is usually a bad (or fouled) spark plug, spark plug cap is not screwed on tight (or cracked), the coil went bad
or possibly the CDI. One of the last parts to go bad would be the stator, but they do go bad. Also not sure if your ATV has the parental tether. Sometimes those also loose continuity and cause no spark and also sometimes the kill switch will not work causing no spark. What you can do is find the CDI unit....follow the wires coming out of it. See if you can unplug the wire that is black with white stripe. This is the ground wire CDI kill signal. If you then get spark, then the problem is in the tether or kill switch.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

Diff. try the ign. switch thats what we have found to go bad on the vipers. Yes i'am a dealer.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the replys, I have to work all weekend but will get to it soon.
Its not the spark plug, thats the first thing i did , was put in a new one.I will try your suggestions and let you know. Anyone else, feel free to comment, please.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, i just picked up the cdi and jiggled the wires a little and it runs again, I am going to get some die electric grease and do all the connectors, hopefully this wont happen again.

Kevin

Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Back to the problem again. I checked the plug cap, ignition switch, kill switch and still no spark!
Does anyone know what the resistance is for the coil or how to check the cdi box?

Sounds like im having the same trouble chrisarrington is having in another tread.

Kevin Still

Old 04-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I finally figuired it out! The dash said it was in N but it really wasnt. I tapped on the gearbox where it says F N R on the side of the case, there are 3 wires connected to it on the right hand side behind the footwell plastic guard, and i heard it shift to Neautral. Bam! started right up!
Even though it was in gear the dash said N allowing the engine to turn over with no spark.

If the "N" light is FLASHING then you have a problem with the shift motor. The N bust be a steady on.
I searched all the threads with no spark and this is not in any of them. So I hope the problem I had will help another Viper owner out.

Kevin Still

2005 Eton Viper 90R
2004 Suzuki JR 50
1987 Suzuki LT 80
2005 Polaris Scrambler 500
2001 Kawasaki Lakota 300
1997 Yamaha Warrior 350

Old 04-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eton Viper no spark """"FIXED"""""

This is the same problem I am having. I tapped on the side but no help yet. I will get out there and work on it in a second and see if I can get it working. My N light is flashing so it is the same problem.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am having no such luck. Whether you put it in F, R, or N, they blink. I have tried tapping the trans. I tried tapping the trans while moving it back and forth. When rolling it I can definately tell that it is in gear. Do you think the solenoid has gone out maybe?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

mine did it 3 more times today, I have to tip it over sideways with the key off and tap on the shifter from underneath, then turn the key back on and it will shift to N

Quick Reply: Eton Viper no spark """"FIXED"""""