Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

HELP, Please, LG 150cc Carb. Flooding

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, Please, LG 150cc Carb. Flooding

I need help. I ordered a LG (Legion Global) 150cc. ATV for my 14 year old. The second day of riding it, I noticed gas leaking from the carbs outflow tube mid-way on the carb (leaking gas from a short tube right on top of engine) and from the air filter compartment. I turned the gas off at the tank, and tried tapping the carb to unstick the float, which i thought was stuck, and it did not help. I called LG and complained, after a few weeks of buying new spark plugs every 2-3 days, (sometimes the carb would leak gas, sometimes not, sometimes I would turn the gas off before killing the engine to burn off excess) I called LG and complained again, and they sent me a new carb.
I replaced the old carb. with the new one, it seemed to run fine the first day. Then on the second day, this brand new carb. was flooding just like the old one did.
There is only 2 screw adjustments on the carb other than the idle speed one, one adjusts the air intake ( I think) the other is at the bottom of the carb. and only allows me to open or close the fuel overflow coming out the tube to the bottom of the ATV, not the usual overflow tube that dumps gas on top of the engine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Please, any help would be great, this constant flooding problem has been a HUGE pain in the butt. We just want to ride a working ATV.

Thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

the float can get stuck and cause this problem. SOMETIMES its caused by large jolts jumps etc or a bad needle valve get ting stuck open. Take the bottom of the carb off and make sure the float works..it moves up and down...GENTLY!!!! then verify it pushes on a small needle valve,,this lets fuel in the bowl...if its stuck there's your problem. I'm having similar problems with my Hi-bird 200.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

I am having the same issue with my Hi-Bird 200. Sounds like they may be the same carb as yours. I noticed it does it most when you get a quick bump like a very hard and fast return to the ground. it seems to be fine when normal riding but would leak out the overflow when I went slowly over a piece of wood. I think it lets too much fuel in really quickly when it has a quick bump like that. I haven't noticed any since then and I too took my carb apart and checked the float level and and wether it was stuck. Both were fine. I have also noticed the carb is on a bit of an angle and I am not sure it that would be an issue as well as far as float level.

Not sure why yours would be leaking out the vent tube though. That is strange. I had fuel in my airbox as well but that was only at first. Seems to be fine now.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the replies fellas. I took the carb. apart and gave it a good cleaning, it was pretty dirty. The float seemed to work fine while i had it apart. But after i put it back together and tried riding, the carb spewed gas more than ever. Seems I unclogged something that makes it flood more, Legion Global are crap. Very unhappy with this. QQ

Here is a link to a picture of the carb. I found on E-Bay, the company selling the ATV's or carb. is not who I bought from, just a good pic. Link

Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

Did you check the float level? That would make a difference as well.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, I took the bottom of the carb off again, the float is moving up and down freely, at the pivot point is a short tube that is connected to the float that moves up/down with the float. The float is split into two different sides. On one side is a hole in the upper carb area, nothing in it. In between each side of the float, are 3 brass or copper bolts, all three have holes in the middle, 2 have screw adjustments, including the one in the middle. I have moved them, but have not noticed and adjustment being done. What can I do to adjust float level, I can't tell. Thanks in advance.