Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Big name brand atv's VS. the little chinese

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big name brand atv's VS. the little chinese

ANY bike can be insured, don't let then tell you otherwise.
I've built many custom bikes/atv's and sleds fromt trhe ground up, starting with custom frames etc. These can all be made legal for both on and off road.
I worked along side and know of HUNDREDS of people that build one off custome bikes and have them all made legal for the streets. Just talk with a local custom bike shop and they will explain what you need to do in your area to register a motorcycle or ATV for insurace.

I have taken china supersport pocket bikes and had them safey inspected and insured for the road as a custom home made motorcycle. In many cases I have used my phone # or DL for a VIN. If insuring it for off road it's even easier.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Let me clarify, I meant that when going by the Vin numbers on the atv's some of them are "FICTIONAL" . Imported atv's with vin numbers are supposed to be entered into the system by the dealer, for future insurance purposes or future warrantee or parts information. I have two that are fictional, and according to my insurance companies, they do not exhist. Yes I still have insurance on them, with no problem at all, you just helped me prove my point that you have to do even more work with the chinese stuff to get it right that the Name brand atv's, which on their side is right and ready to go. Of course, you get what you pay for.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

Hell look at canondale

comapre the new line of china 50's that actually have working suspensions, electrinic ignitions, dual disk brakes some are even hydraulic, light weight, and fast to the 50's honda started out building.. i know i had one.
I say give them a few more years, hell they are already far better then the japanese bikes are when they first came out and in the few short years I have seen the chinese bikes around they are making huge improvent all the time.
Honda
Cana Am
Kawasaki
YAmaha
Suzuki etc all had their share of problems when starting out and were constantly improving and it's taken them decades to get where they are. The chinese have done a AWESOME job in such a short amount of time. Just think about what they will be like in a few more years.

dollar for dollar I still say you get more with a china bike

Old 11-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

CHINESE ATV'S

PROS-- INEXPENSIVE, LIGHTWEIGHT, SMALLER,VERY QUIET(4stroke)

CONS-- **** BREAKS EASIER, YOU BETTER HAVE PATIENCE, CUZ YOU GOT TO SPECIAL ORDER THE PARTS, IF YOU CAN FIND THEM. YOU BETTER BE HANDY W/ A WRENCH, AND HAVE GOOD COMMON SENSE DIAGNOSTIC SKILLS. THEY ARE MORE DANGEROUS DUE TO TIPPING AND WEAK WELDS. IF YOU WANT TO GO FAR FROM HOME, DONT.

like i say, if your goin' to buy a chiney, make sure your dealer is trustable, to say the least, but most of all, MAKE SURE THEY ARE AT MOST AN HOURS DRIVE, AND CAN SUPPLY EVERY PART YOU WOULD EVER NEED.

THIS DECISION IS VERY SIMPLE

Old 11-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

its gonna take awhile for china to catch up to japan as far as quality...cheaper metal,cheaper electrical parts, cheaper tires, ect

you get what you pay for. for the money they are aright.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

My point exactly, the Japs did all the work, and the chinese are just riding on their coattails. Yes they are good training bikes, but thats it. Who is to say years down the road what is going to happen, My discussion is now. I have had the chinese, and will not buy another, especially for those of us that do not have local dealers and have to buy off the internet. I had researched on good dealers and thought I had found one, 3 months later, out of business, just like the manufacturer, another 3 months later the same exact bike came up as another name. Who needs the BS Just go to your local major brand dealer, suck it up and get the good stuff, they have already done all the work in perfomance, and reliability, safety and quality controll, plus if the kid don't like it or use it, just resale it or trade it in on your new one, they wont sit around long!