Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

I would recommend a Shinima Quad and Jason @ Shinima

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would recommend a Shinima Quad and Jason @ Shinima

Just an update. My Shinima Bushman is running great. I have only been able to run it for about 5 hours due to the crappy weather here in central NY. I have added my Gorilla winch and a few other simple goodies as well as stripped of the "hot wheels" looking decals and added my own to give it that custom look. I only have a 200, but it is plenty quiet and has plenty of snap. Mine is a 5 speed manual. The only thing that I don't like is the drum brakes. I wish it had at least a rear hydraulic disk like my daughters Hensim 110.

I have only had a few In-warranty issues and Jason from Shinima has responded with good customer service and fast part replacement. One was the 12volt socket which fell apart on not only my ATV, but 2 of my buddies as well, and the front brake switch that triggers the brake lamp was bad and Jason took care of that also.

I did pull a piece of plastic out of the oil screen. It looked like a piece of plastic bag, like a part was wrapped in it and it fell in the engine during assembly. It didn't hurt anything as the screen did it's job.

Shinima has priced these units quite well and they seem well built for the price. I have checked out some of my some of my co-workers and neigbors ATV's and I went to a Redcat dealer to look at those machines as well as another Chinese 400, 4x4 (don't remember the name on that one) and I can say that the Shinima is a bit beefier and I like the reputation of the Loncin engine. Jason is a good salesperson, who makes you feel confident that he will support you well after the sale. He is always available via internet or phone and is quick to respond. So far the couple of times I have called on hime for minor defects he has responded great. But it is a newer brand with less units sold compared to some of the others, so we'll just have to see. One of the reasons I am recommending Jason is that I just purchased a Hensim Tierra from another vendor and DID NOT recieve the same level of friendly, customer oriented customer service. I came close to cancelling that order, but we were able to salvage the sale in the end.

I have posted a couple of more pictures. Check them out. If you know anyone interested in a Chinese quad, tell them to look into the Shinima brand. I can speak for 4 of these machines, and other than some minor in warranty issues, my 2 buddies and I can't complain. Plus the dealer is a big part of it and we all recommend Jason.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would recommend a Shinima Quad and Jason @ Shinima

No, you're wrong. Your quad cannot possibly have adequate power, and it absolutely CANNOT POSSIBLY be reliable and trustworthy. It isn't comfortable, useful, or fun. It doesnt' start well or run well. You absolutely CANNOT POSSIBLY be happy with this quad.

Why? Because it didn't cost enough! You didn't pay a small fortune for it. It didn't completely drain your bank account, and require you to make payments for the next five years. It just ISN'T JAPANESE! It doesn't have a big brand name on it! You aren't happy, you are totally miserable and you regret your purchase every day - don't you know that? Don't you know you can't be happy until you've been financially ravaged????

I'm joking, of course, but lots of folks really seem to believe all that.

There are also lots of folk shere, like you (and I) who get good service from these machines. I have a Chinese quad, too, although a different brand than yours.

I'm glad that you're pleased with your machine. It is also good to hear some being happy with a merchant - and spreading the word.