Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Is this my air/fuel Mixture Screw

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 02:46 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Is this my air/fuel Mixture Screw

the one circled in blue. is this the mixture screw? ive read that on newer model atvs that the mixture screw is under the carb on the float bowl. when i screw it out fuel comes out of the bottom. i always thought it was to drain the carb of gas. theres another flat head screw under where the carb connects to the intake manifold.
PICTURE CARB

Old 04-18-2007 | 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

No! Thats the screw that will drain your float bowl. When you store the bike drain the bowl. The screw on top is your mixture screw.

Old 04-18-2007 | 03:43 PM
Range Rover

You should also have a hose connecting to the tube sticking out the bottom of the carb... Look around, it might still be laying under the carb somewhere....

Old 04-18-2007 | 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

The blue one id the drain for the float bowl. The red one is the idle adjust. Somewhere on the engine side ther should be another flathead scrwe, maybe with knurled edges. This is proably the air/fuel screw.

Old 04-18-2007 | 10:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: BigDaddyTX
The blue one id the drain for the float bowl. The red one is the idle adjust. Somewhere on the engine side ther should be another flathead scrwe, maybe with knurled edges. This is proably the air/fuel screw.

If I'm not mistaken... I think the mixture screw will be at bottom of carb, and pointing down to the ground/ not out the side.... ??

Old 04-18-2007 | 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

Mine is on the bottm of the carb neck going into the engine manifold, but some have the mix screw near the idle or opposite the idle on the body.

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:01 AM
|
Trailblazer

yea theres another flat head screw pointing down from the float bowl but its a bitch to get to. i dont know how i would beable to adjust it. the only way is to take off the carb.

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

I doubt it would be on the float bowl itself. More likely it's on either the intake or outlet sides of the carb, or on the side of the body itself.

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

tatshme,

Yes thats the air screw and yes its a pain to get to. Why they chose these carbs because it is next to impossible to tune because it needs to be at running temp and should be running while turning so you can hear the idle. What is the problerm that you are having. You may just be able to move the jet needle.

Old 04-19-2007 | 10:56 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
tatshme,

Yes thats the air screw and yes its a pain to get to. Why they chose these carbs because it is next to impossible to tune because it needs to be at running temp and should be running while turning so you can hear the idle. What is the problerm that you are having. You may just be able to move the jet needle.
i cant get the motor started and i believe its the carb. i already cleaned it. everything is sealed and has no leak. i dont think its the spark but i will check anyway. wwhen i start it the starter would turn it 3 times but the motor wouldnt start up. im going to adjust the clip on the needle today to see if it does anything.

Quick Reply: Is this my air/fuel Mixture Screw