Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 250 wilderness

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 250 wilderness

Five months ago I bought a BAJA Wilderness 250. They were available and the price was in my ballpark. I had been reading the pros and cons of the Chinese machines and looked long and hard before I put my money down. Well after these five months I would like to say it was a good investment so far. After going over the machine when I bought it its been pretty much trouble free since I started driving it. I have had to adjust the idle speed a couple of times and I did have one of the fender mounting bolts loosen up but thats the limit of problems so far. While the machine only has 1300 kms on it I do not see any major problems coming at me.
If there is a drawback I do not think it has the pulling power of my old Suzuki nor is the top speed as high but I can live with these differences. The ride is much better and it handles nicer than the Suzuki which is now 22 years old and still running.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off welcome to the forums , and good to hear you like your quad and is holding up this well ; these quads i think will just get better in the years to come ! I'm old enough to remember when the Japanese machines were all considered junk(not worth the tin cans they were made from , but they got better year after year ; untill they were more reliable than the american made bike's ! You can see by the price's that are starting to increase on these quad's , that they must be getting better and more reliable ; so here's hoping you get many more mile's and year's of faithfull service out of your BAJA Wilderness 250 ! I'm not a dealer and all i've owned are Honda,Suzuki,Kawaski,Yamaha and now Arctic Cat ; so i don't have anything to gain by saying this it's just something i believe will happen soon or later ! williebee

Old 04-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

There is a thread on the baja 250 that was started last year or so some place on here. I think for the most part people seemed to be happy with them. I think there might have been an issue with oil leaks or something on one someone posted.

Over all compared to alot of the chinese "junk" that has been shipped over here that Baja 250 actually looks not too bad.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:57 AM
sld
Weekend Warrior

the baja 250 is a 2006 yamaha bear tracker 250-bruin 250-big bear 250,there all the same quad - different plastic -- built in a yamaha owned factory,

Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,

My brother-in-law and I both recently purchased a Wilderness 250. Prior to purchase I was quite sceptical and wasn't sure if I'd be happy with the machine. After months of research we both decided to go for it. All I have to say is YES!! The machine is well worth the money and is a ton of fun. I only has a minor issue with my machine; it was missing a front decal when it was delivered. I contacted Baja and they were more than helpful providing me with the decal. I think these guys are good people to deal with.

We've taken the machines on short hauls and are pleased with the performance and handling. We're going to fully test out the machines this summer at the lake and I can not wait!

If you are like I was (on the fence about buying one) do it! You won't be disappointed!! My wife wasn't too thrilled about the purchase however she enjoys driving the unit too!!

Anyway I just wanted to tell a success story to anyone out there who is in great debate about purchasing one.

Happy trails!

-------------------

DanOMite01

Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have just purchased a used 2006 Wilderness 250. It would not idle but seemed to pull ok under load. I ran through the "Carb Set-up" proceedures but it would still not idle. Pulled the carb today, found two lines off, bit of shipping gel still in the automatic choke passages, and a bit of white powder in the float bowl. Runs excellent after the carb cleaning abd idles nicely at 1400 - 1500 rpm and can take it down to 1100 rpm without stalling it (even in gear)

Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am looking for "plastic panels" for a BAJA Wilderness 250. After 7 months of use I find the mechanical is good, but I do need some plastic panels, if anyone knows of a Canasdian Outlet.
Thanks Ray