Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

07 SunL Typhoon 110 cc 4 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Default 07 SunL Typhoon 110 cc 4 stroke

sunl

when you buy a sunl atv from a online dealer. they only takes your money then send most of it to sunl. and they send you a atv in the crate. most of these people just slop these atvs together in a hour or less.

my local dealer uses loctite,changes spark plug,gas filter,gas lines,oil, uses lock washer. and starts each bike up and runs them about a 1/2 hour before selling
and sell the small kids atvs from 550.00 -750.00 taxes included

she sold about 100 so far this year with very few problems.but they were also fixed and they come
with a warranty and has and sells parts.

thats the big differents.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seat plastic is breaking where it attaches to the spring clip. Looks like pretty poor quality plastic.

Someone asked about price... We paid $650 approximately.

How do you adjust the chain on a quad?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

I'm gonna have to agree with bill2099, jerryolip, and muddy4life.
SUNL should be avoided. I have a repair shop and am located just
22 miles from SUNL's national warehouse in Dallas TX. Most of the
SUNL dealers in the area have gone out of business. We get flooded
with desperate SUNL owners looking for parts or repair. SUNL never
has the parts, never answers the phone or email, and simply does
not care about post sale support once they get your money.
And pedez2000, it wouldn't matter if Soichiro Honda himself prepped
a SUNL. You will have nothing but problems due to the poor manufacturing
and quality of materials. SUNL atvs are quite simply....JUNK!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thats why I bought a Shineray! no regrets. No suzuki, but I did not buy it for that type of riding. I bought it to putt around on it with the kids while they ride there atvs. I think if anyone buys a china atv I think they should buy a shineray. I am no dealer but the quality on mine is very good. All major bolts already had locktite on them. But some others did come loose. I tightend them back and they never came loose again. And i had to bypass and redirect the feul line as they were to high for sufficiant flow of gas to the carb. And the lines themself were too long, I trimed them as well.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: devastator85

Thats why I bought a Shineray! no regrets. No suzuki, but I did not buy it for that type of riding. I bought it to putt around on it with the kids while they ride there atvs. I think if anyone buys a china atv I think they should buy a shineray. I am no dealer but the quality on mine is very good. All major bolts already had locktite on them. </end quote></div>

Shinerays are decent....I know they make a good CT70 clone....I have one. There are other Chinese manufacturers that are good. Jetmoto, CFMOTO, Jackel, Shinima, some TaoTao, Qlink, etc. It's not all bad....there are some Chinese manufacturers with good track records, that have some pride, care about the long term and customer service. However SUNL is not one of these Chinese companies.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Trailblazer

I can't agree more that SunL ATV's are garbage. I owned a 110cc SunL for about 2 weeks before the semi-auto trans would not shift into all gears. The local dealer that I bought it from was nice enough to give me a new one but after a couple of weeks the new one started to have problems also. First a front shock would not rebound, the battery died, it was hard starting even though I adjusted the carb, put a NGK plug in, etc., the paint on the frame was cracking which made me worry whether the frame was being stressed. This SunL ATV was a nightmare - I spent more time checking it over and fixing it then my son drove it!!! After about 2 months, I started it up and noticed bubbles in the oil throgh the sight glass and sure enough oil was spiiting out the breather tube on the rear of the engine. The engine was done after about 10 hours of riding at best.

Well I learned my lesson and made the same mistake thinking I could save alot of money by purchasing a SunL and since I race cars and work on them I could keep this ATV running. I could go on and on about the poor craftsmanship of these ATV's but don't have the time. Just learn from my experiences and stay away from SunL!!!!!!!!!! They are JUNK!!!!! I purchased a Polaris Predator 90 2-stroke and the quality is sooo much better. For the past year, my son and I just start it and ride every time. No problems at all!

STAY AWAY FROM SUNL...THEY ARE JUNK!!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

Two new problems...
1) battery not holding charge. I bought an Everstart Maxx ES4LBS from Wal-Mart... We will see if that works better than the chinese battery it came with
2) Chain started coming off. Then I finally figured out that it is adjustable, two bolts under the back axle... It adjusts just about the same as a dirt bike does. I am going to put a chain tensioner on too though.

Otherwise, having fun with it. The paint is coming off some places. I am not complaining, you can't buy Yugo and expect cadillac... I know that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EDIT 7/9/07 Monday: The battery works just fine. See above...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey chabat, thanks for your update, i was wondering how it was doing. I'm glad to hear your experiences, good and bad and am considering another china atv real soon, there is a SunL dealer near me, I'll look there first and then look around.

Your right about some people just coming here just to tell you your a moron for buying anything but a jap quad. I dont know if it makes them feel better about paying allot for their ride or they are sincerely trying to warn others. I guess its a bit of both in their mind, but I'm guessing its a bit more of one then the other, im not going to say which i think it is...

Anyways, keep posting your experiences, good and bad, I know im going to keep posting mine!

Old 07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Trailblazer

staycalm,
I would have bought a honda trx90 used, or a used polaris 90, or maybe a used raptor 80, but could not find any and I wasn't willing to spend $2,800 right now for new. I know that the sunL is not near japanese quality. But we are all riding, and having fun. That is what matters to me right now.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

Ride Report Sunday July 8th, 2007:
We went to one of our riding spots today. We took the Twister (buggy 150cc) and the SunL 110 quad. We arrived and I had to tighten the chain within minutes, chain coming off. The terrain of this spot is loose sugar sand trails in the woods. These trails are all ATV trails. I tightened the chain and it stayed on for about 15 minutes. Then it came off 5 or 6 times... We put it on the trailer and locked it to the trailer. So we put about 30 minutes of riding in on the quad before the chain just made us miserable. We then rode the Twister for another hour or more and came home.

So I now have questions... I have never owned an ATV, except the Raptor 50 which was shaft drive... When my KDX200 had a broken chain guide, the chain would come off. Got a new Fredette chain guide and the chain never came off again on my KDX.

Questions:
1. What do I need for this quad, a chain guide? Or a chain tensioner?
2. Do the big quads (japanese) come with chain guides or tensioners?
3. Is the chain itself the problem? I have a friend with the same quad, and he bought a DID brand chain, and said the chain problems went away. I imagine this chain that came on there is crap.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: 07 SunL Typhoon 110 cc 4 stroke