Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Desert Cat 90 smokes .....ALOT !

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert Cat 90 smokes .....ALOT !

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: squeege

And what manufacturer would you suggest......</end quote></div>

As far as reliablity, anything is better than a chinese manufacturer. If price is an issue, there are some good Taiwanese companies that make some pretty good quality bikes.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

I think the Unison is the best bike I have had for my kids yet . I have had 4 and this one was more money but sooooo much better made .

Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FOWL444

Unison is actually made in California , It's not a Chinese bike I think . I have a Kazuma also and havent had a problem with it yet ..

This Oil problem doesnt affect the performance of the bike as far as I can see ..it just looks like crap .</end quote></div>

Actually, thats what they'd like us to believe. They have warehouses in California, but they're not made here. They have 3 warehouses in the US, and their main one is in La Puente, California. The company is Taiwanese with their factory in China. They manufacture their bikes from China.

I've spoken with their Vice President, James Kung, and also their Marketing Director Peter in person. Their factory is in China.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

You should try getting some Lotto tickets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] There are a few Chinese bikes that come out good... but you're rolling the dice. I'm glad you got a good one.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 AM
Trailblazer

So Anything else in the smoke problem ?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull the fan cover and check the oil pump where the cable goes in , it sounds to me like the oil injector is stuck wide open. whch is better at full throttle than all the way closed but... it might be a broken spring or the cable might be un hooked. don't un hook the system usually they work just fine

rich

Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

I would highly recommend you tear out the oil injection tank, block the line and premix your gas. This is the ONLY way to make sure your motor gets exactly what it needs.

The injection systems are really prone to over injecting or quitting altogether.

FWIW, this is not a crappy chinese quad like all the others that we see here. This is the same exact quad being run with Polaris and Arctic Cat stickers on it.

I pulled the oil system off my son's Arctic Cat (same 90cc 2s) and it runs MUCH better with the proper 32:1. Saves some weight and I know the motor is being properly lubricated!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey illin

Any bad side effects of plugin the line, leaving the pump in there and just mixin the gas/oil?

D

Old 06-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Valder

Hey illin

Any bad side effects of plugin the line, leaving the pump in there and just mixin the gas/oil?

D</end quote></div>

Not that I see. My son's has been this way for several tanks now and I have had no issues. Several folks make a block of plate, so one can remove the injector alltogether...but if I ever sell it, I can convert it back if the buyer likes (but I doubt I will ever sell this little quad).

I put a 6mm bolt in the hose wit a little RTV and zip tied it tight. Works great.

Running premix makes allot of sense as I never trust these mechanical injectors...just to much to go wrong. Something as simple as a kinked hose will blow the motor up in 5 mins. Just not worth it.

For me, I have a couple other 2S int he garage, so I always have premix around. I guess for some folks...they like the gas and go routine.

IMO if you dont want to mix your gas/oil then buy a 4S.