Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hi Bird

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Bird

I used most of a thumb-sized bottle of the blue Loc-Tite on my Hi-Bird. Don't leave the driveway without it.

Does the trick. After that, you're pretty much good - to - go.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

...and yes, the Hi-Bird is a decent machine and a REAL bargain. I'm glad I bought.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hi Bird

Tierra motorsports is made by Hensim and that is a good bike did you get the 150 with f,n,r or just a black handle with forward and rev.?

Old 06-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

OK, that's what I thought on the lock tight. We bought the Hi Bird 200cc Tornado. Would like to get the Eagle 200 ProX next. Anyone bought one of these? Bill at MotorXtremes said the difference was like a "Yugo vs Cadillac". The Tornado being the Yugo. If you're saying you really like your Tornado...

Thanks for the feedback!

Ride Free,
Doug

Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

Hmmmm. I shall have to go take a look at the Eagle 200 ProX. I have motorxtreme's site coming up in another window right now.

As far as my 'Nado, I built a web site with the lowdown on my whole experience from first phone call to 3 months in the saddle. I calls 'em as I sees 'em. Lotsa pix.

http://users.wildblue.net/thearbees/nado/PD.htm

If you're gonna read the whole thing you'll need to leave 15 or 20 minutes. I hope you get a laugh or 2 along the way.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

Hard to feel much about the Eagle 200 Pro X with the limited info there ... just pix. They dont' even have a decent specs chart posted. It's got me curious, though.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

I purchased two bikes from Motorxtreme and I will think twice befor ever dealing with them again.The miss communication 1/2 truths and never following thru with what they say unless you keep on them.I have given them the benifit of the doubt at first but after no call backs when they said they would,bait and switch bike ,still waiting on my money after returning over a week and a half ago,broken front brake sensor on the 250 back orderd after two weeks orderd no notification.FYI deal with them at your own risk...

Now for the possitive...thanks to XavierOnasis's awsome overview of the Hi-birds
It gave me the courage to purchase the 250 and I am totaly pleased with it.Still have to tweak the carb a little but overall its a great machine for the money.And my wife is super happy with her 150.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hi Bird

xavierOnasis,

that was a nice read. now I know what you get with those chin quads,

Jim

Old 07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

XavierOnasis, I did read your web site before buying and that's why I bought the Hi Bird. Thanks for creating such a great informational site. OK, since I purchased: hard time getting started the first few times however runs great now. Choke is a joke, LOL, ended up using zip ties to get it to stay in place. Already lost a few bolts but nothing I couldn't fix. Had the same issues you did with the rear brake. Took some work but finally got a $50 credit that I was due. They said it was because they have minimal staffing. This bike is super fast. Well worth the money. Hey has anyone's gear display stopped working? If so how did you get that fixed? Also, brake light remains on??? Any solutions for that?

Ride Free,
Doug

Old 07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

My 3rd gear light is out, but I just let it go. My recollection of old Japanese dirt bikes as a kid was that the idiot lights were always the first thing to quit and we just kinda learned to live with it.

My brake light got flaky for a while, too. The switch is at the back of the pedal arm alongside the hydraulic plunger. It is easy to identify because it is activated by a spring which pulls on the plastic body of the switch. You can loosen the plastic nut and adjust the switch body in its bracket to make the light more or less sensitive.

I appreciate your kind worrds - your'e welcome. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Hi Bird