Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need cheap atvs for kids

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 05:57 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Need cheap atvs for kids

Can anyone recommend a decent Chinese kids atv? I have an 8yo son and his 8yo cousin. I do not have the money to buy Honda, etc. Is there a dealership/make anyone can help with? I looking at 110's.

Old 08-11-2007 | 01:28 AM
Range Rover

Are you good at turning a wrench? If not, then a Chinese ATV is not what you want! Not trying to be cold, just don't want you to make an expensive, regrettable decision.

Old 08-11-2007 | 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rafter55

Can anyone recommend a decent Chinese kids atv? I have an 8yo son and his 8yo cousin. I looking at 110's.</end quote></div>
No such think as decent Chinese, Not sure about he bigger ones but the smaller ones are Junk

Old 08-11-2007 | 03:45 PM
Range Rover

I've done my fair share of work on my sons Coolster 110cc since I bought it. I didn't have $2000+ to spend on a name-brand model, so a Chinese quad was my only option. I'm pretty good at wrenching, so I took a chance on an off-brand. Do I regret getting a Chinese ATV? No, but it has ran far from perfect. Lots of tweaks and adjustments made since new. So far no parts that needed replacement since new, knock on wood, so I can't say what parts availability will be like. I bought it from a guy locally who was selling them out of his garage. But my son (5 yrs old) has had a blast on it. Even my older Nephews (9 and 11) have ridden the crap out of it and the oldest even has a Honda Foreman 450 that he could be riding instead.

Old 08-11-2007 | 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a Roketa 110 for my kids. If I had to do it over again, I would have spent more and got a used name brand. It runs fine, starts fine, and looks good, BUT keeping up with all the damn nuts that work lose will drive you insane. You will think you have tightened em all down and one will pop off and suprise you. I have lock tited most of the nuts, but there are some I am afraid to do that on and a few I am sure I missed. If I have to take one of them off, how hard is it going to be to do that ??? Now there is something rattling when they give it gas and I can't figure out what has started to work lose. I'll have to give it a work over for a couple hours again in the heat tomorrow to try and figure it out. Have no doubt you will be doing a lot of spot maitainence on a chinese model.

Old 08-12-2007 | 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Be very very careful I have a 110 and have had a lot of trouble with it 3 weeks after I got it engine blew , My son is 7 so it wasnt from being rode hard. as far as a warranty thats a joke. I found a new engine put it on my son rode it very little and the top end seems to be gone in this engine as well. We have not even covered all the stuff that falls off of them while your kid is on it or the fact that parts are hard to get. If you are good with a wrench and your kid don`t mind a lot of down time go for it. If I can get mine fixed I would be glad to make you a real deal just to get some of my money back. You get what you pay for I learned the hard way , Hope you don1t have to

Old 08-13-2007 | 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've got a 110 Cool Sports atv, and am happy with it. I've ran about 2 dozen tanks of gas through it this summer and have spent about 20$ on repairs and maintenance. Repairs have a been a bolt and a fuel filter. Maintenance has been a smaller grease zert fitting, (the grease I already had) and fluid change. It was 550$ tax and all included. I've ridden it, my kids have ridden it, we ride it though mud and water, sand, 3ft grass, whatever. I have to agree though, if you dont like turning a wrench and do not know anything about wrenching, this is probably not for you. The Jap ATVs will cost you allot more, but hold up very well long term.

Old 08-13-2007 | 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Loctite is used on nuts and bolts that you want to stay one, ie... not ones you plan to take on/off frequently. Its not impossible to get them off once applied, it just makes it more difficult. This is why its so well liked for keep things tight under vibrations. Hope this helps...

Old 08-13-2007 | 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kymco atvs come with a year warranty. my sons just started having issues but he rides it hard and we go on alot of poker runs (25miles +). Not sure what size your looking for. The 90's around $2000 and the 70's about $1800 I believe.

Old 08-16-2007 | 04:45 PM
Range Rover

youth atv racing dot com has some awesome kids quads although they are about the same price as the name brands. You get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Need cheap atvs for kids