Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

China 4x2 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China 4x2 Quad

Well I know that I will probably get a lot of raz about buying a china quad but the price is right for me. Now I know my way around mechanics quite well and have tried to scrounge up enough information to make a solid decision on this purchase. There is not enough good information out there. I have found that people like them a lot or not at all. I think most dislikes are byous just like brand loyalty. Well I have never owned a quad before so I will have nothing to compare too so maybe I am the perfect canidate. If I do not like it it is because I don't like it. If I like it it is because it is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. So I thought I would do a write up of my experiances with this endevor.

First off I have done a lot of looking. I have come to the conclusion that most of the quads that I am looking at are the same exact quad with the same exact motor. Some advertise any combo of disc/drum, 4speed/5speed, chain drive/shaft, but the bodies and motors are the same.

The unit I am looking at is similar to this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...WQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The one I am looking at is a 200cc, not water cooled, has a 5 speed, shaft drive with disc front and back. Price to the door is $1580.00.

George

Old 09-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

well i own a couple of china quads they have been alright no major problems few little things, but my wife and son drive them if i was driving them they wouldnt last im rough on my stuff and i know some people have had goodluck with the utility quads.

but for a few more bucks you can find a used jap quad that will hold up better for a adult it will be easier to get service and this is a big thing if your not good at turning a wrench.

im looking for a used scrambler and trailblazer in spring to replace the two china quads im just looking for a little better qaulity for long trail rides up north. so it all depends what your gonna use it for are you gonna beat it? or is it gonna have a easy life?

good luck

hoyt

Old 09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default China 4x2 Quad

I have a 250 giovanni utility quad and I have to say,if you are not mechanically inclined then you should not buy one of these chinese quads.I had a few issues with the quad and it rides very rough.You get what you pay for and if you are serious about quading then I would not recommend one of thewe quads!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

Are You kidding me! buy a Suzuki Ozark 250! they are less than $3000. They are fantastic in the reviews as a 4x2! they are better than some 4x4's. Dude, do some research. I have a China atv and i wait and wait for parts. you will need parts! Spend the extra few dollars. Its so close to the price of the Chinese one. Suzuki has a shaft and is bulletproof! and has resale and class!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Noxzema

Are You kidding me! buy a Suzuki Ozark 250! they are less than $3000. They are fantastic in the reviews as a 4x2! they are better than some 4x4's. Dude, do some research. I have a China atv and i wait and wait for parts. you will need parts! Spend the extra few dollars. Its so close to the price of the Chinese one. Suzuki has a shaft and is bulletproof! and has resale and class!</end quote></div>

Suzuki Ozark 250 MSRP*: $3,499. From
http://www.suzuki-bikes.com/ozark250.php

You do realize I am paying less than half that! And yes, I do have knowlege in mechanics.

George.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default China 4x2 Quad

That's retail, I have seen them many times for about 2700. end of year stuff at local dealers. I am also a mechanic and have taken these things (china atvs) apart. the quality is poor, you will regret it. suspension is terrible too, the list goes on. Welding and rusting are breaking parts are too common. I don't travel too far from home cuz it does conk out a lot. With the suzuki you will get 90% resale on your price you paid, you will get nothing for the China quad. Hey, I was cheap too, i reget it. Save another grand and go in and negoiate, you owe it to yourself to just go and Look at a Japenese. Have you ever seen a China quad up close?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

so buy a used one for the same price as that. i noticed the machine u were looking at had single A-arm in front and weighed 528 net weight. that almost as much as a big bore with about 10 hp

Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

Actually, it is a strut which eliminates the upper a arm. Saves weight. I am not a speed demon so hp does not matter to me as long as it has a deep 1st. Speed just tends to break stuff and I like my bones in one piece.

George.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default China 4x2 Quad

Welcome to the forum ghcoe! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

All the mechaincal knowledge in the world wont help if you cant find parts. I would spend a few more bucks and buy something from RaceWayATV. They have been around quite a while and have parts for everything they sell. But if you want/need to save a few hundred, with their new parts site probably will have parts for what ever brand quad you buy. Keep us updated with your purchase if you have the time.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default China 4x2 Quad

Thanks for the welcome. I will keep this thread informed on my experiences. Hope that this will help others with there purchases as well...

Raceway sells the Hunter which is very simular to the one I will be purchasing. The one I am looking at comes with a 12 month (parts only) warranty!

George.

Quick Reply: China 4x2 Quad