Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Panther 110 sprocket help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panther 110 sprocket help

I got my son a Panther 110 automatic ATV. Its still on the smaller 50-90CC frame but they started putting 110's, racks and larger tires on them this year. My wifes cousin is a dealer and I got a deal I could not pass up. He isnt going to get it until Christmas, so I would like to take this time to set it up right. I want to put a larger rear sprocket or smaller front to slow the bike down quite a bit. Even with it governed, being an automatic, it still builds up speed if you keep it pinned. Plus I want it to have a bit more torque at the lower governed engine speeds.

Anybody know the best way to go about finding different sprockets for the Chinese quads. My family dealer man is going to call the importer to see what they know, but I thought I would check here. Thanks.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

You might check out ebay. I have been looking for a rear sprocket for my 250 HiBird and haven't had any luck yet. I may try to contact one of the aftermarket sprocket makers and see how much a custom one would cost me. If you find a place to buy them please let us all know.

Thanks Larry

Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

If I find something I will let you all know. I would have to cut the side "hitch" bar off of this new one to get much bigger of a rear sprocket on it, but thats no big deal, its a decorative looking piece anyway.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

You could try Rebelgears.com

Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

i am wanting the same thing for my sons little utility quad.
i put larger rear tires on it and need to lower the gear ratio

Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am looking into the 1978 Honda Z50 12 tooth front sprocket to replace the 14 tooth stock sprocket in my daughters panther 110. It looks like a close match.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

As you may know, we should follow the chain-specifications. Pls check the number indicated on the chain links first. If you found "420" on them, Sprockets for Honda "Z50" or the other equivalent motorcycles such as "Super Cub" could be used as TheRicher greatly said.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Honda sprocket does not work well. As Jessie_atvruns stated "follow chain-specifications". The honda is a 420 sprocket and the panther has a 428 sprocket. I bought the honda sprocket for $5.00 at honda dealer to test it and it did NOT fit well but it worked for short term to test the 12 tooth front configuration with 37 tooth rear. The 12 tooth sprocket slowed the machine down but not slow enough for my young daughter. My goal is 10mph max with plenty of torque for terrain but to controll the engine over rev caused by the change in gear ratio with the speed limiter screw.

I found a website that may have the part:http://www.chineseatvpart.com/eprod/...zuma-110cc-atv
But $38 is a little much for an experiment. I am waiting on my dealer to find the parts for me, will update first week of Dec!

Old 12-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Trailblazer

Let me intriduce one idea, please.
Once I hava ever tried to atler 420-16 teeth Drive Sprocket into 428 sprocket myself. Hand-drinder and Round File, these were tools to manage to trim 0.4mm away from the original 420 sprocket. 428 chain had rollers of 8.5mm dia. and 420 chain did 7.7mm dia. rollers, measered by Caliper. The difference of the diameter was 0.8mm,?0.4mm was for the difference of the radius which could be the target value to process. The altered sprocket worked well with sufficient fit and engagement with the 428 chain. No problems were found for 600km run. After that I totally replaced 420 chain and Drive, Driven Sprockets. But I had to be patient for 4 hours to spend evening time to work with a file.
But pls do not forget, it's your OWN RISK.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found a good solution to this chinese atv sprocket issue. I ordered a performance set of sprockets made by kitaco that were intended for a 1979 Honda Z50R and a standard Z50R chain which was a 420 to match the sprockets. the front sprocket was a 12 tooth and the rear sprocket was a 40 tooth. The front sprocket went on fine as planned. The rear sprocket took a little work. The three mounting holes in the sprocket had to be tapped. I tapped them to a 3/8's size and drilled out the splined hub. I finished the tight fit of the hub mounting holes with a die grinder and a small carbide bit. I fitted 3 3/8's bolts to the sprocket/hub assembly. I used a zizz wheel to cut them off flush. I locktighted them in place with blue locktite. Once that was done, it was a matter of reassembly. The new drive chain had to be shortened to length, but that is expected. I took it out for a test drive. I weight 250 lbs. This really woke this 4wheeler up. It has plenty of power on the bottom end now. I can ride wheelies and cut donuts on this little thing. It is very responsive on the throttle now. The top speed now is in the 30 mph range instead of the retarded 50 plus range. This was a major improvement in performance and should make the engine last much longer as well.

Here's the link to the folks that supplied the parts.

Honda Mini Trails Honda mini bikes and Honda Z50 Honda 50 Honda Minitrail NOS Parts and services Kitaco and Takegawa performance parts.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Panther 110 sprocket help