Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

anything i need to know about my chin. quad in the snow and cold, thanks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anything i need to know about my chin. quad in the snow and cold, thanks

any potential problems in wet 10-35 degree weather, how do i winterize without to much work. obviously im aware of batt. maintenance in the cold. but does any thing tend to break on these(MORE THAN USUAL) in the cold? its a 150 wildfire.
at what temp do the welds and **** weaken?

thanx a lot ,ZEEKS

Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default anything i need to know about my chin. quad in the snow and cold, thanks

If you are going to be running it in that cold of weather I would make sure you have the right oil viscosity and lube all your cables before taking it out. Lube the chassis and tighten all the bolts. As far as the frame goes, its going to break whenever its ready! The temperature probably won't affect it too much! If anything it would weaken in the summer heat. I have heard of some guys welding gussets onto the chinese frames where they are weak to stop the cracking.

Good luck!
Ed Katt

Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Zeeeks,

I'm curious about the 150cc wildfire. I have been looking at these and wonder how they hold up. Did you set yours up yourself or have a dealer do it? How long have you owned it? Have you had any problems with it? Do you know if it has the honda clone engine or another style. I have posted questions about the wildfire quads in a few of the forums but never get any real response, just negativity about chinese quads in general. Any info would be appreciated before I pull the trigger on one of these or maybe the 200 cc.
Thanx, BROOMER

Old 11-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

broomer, it is very good that you asked. in fact it just so happens that i talked to them today! and that made up my mind. to start off, i would advise you not to go through them, here are some reasons.

1-i broke a hard to find part a couple months ago, wildfire was VERY reluctant to help, they basically said they wouldn't even order the part. i ended up ordering the part from ricardo motors in cali. (good company)

2- today i called out of curiosity to find the actual chinese name of the machine. believe it or not, they SAID they didn't know, c'mon thats got to be bull! i couldn't believe it. so i asked again, and.....no. so much for that

3-MOST CRUCIAL, this machine was put together with the POOREST of quality. i am so afraid to take anything apart because almost EVERY bolt or bolt holes and nuts were stripped on assembly. so like i said, im weary of repairs, i even made my own oil extractor cuz i was afraid to mess w/ the oil plug(which i couldn't find on the motor).
now im 80% sure wildfire put it together, if someone else did, the first two reasons are enough.

like you said, you looked it up and couldn't find much, ya there's probably a reason.

answers to your q''s
i bought it from a random dude, (pretty sure wildf. assembled it

ive had it for 8 months about 10 hours on it
shaft coupler broke(I was beatin' it though), it runs good but **** was fallin off it when i bought it luckily i noticed. basically the whole thing (except the motor) is junk in my opinion. this is a air cooled 200cc honda clone 2005.

CHINESE ATV'S PROS, INEXPENSIVE, LIGHTWEIGHT, SMALLER,VERY QUIET(4stroke)

CONS, **** BREAKS EASIER, YOU BETTER HAVE PATIENCE, CUZ YOU GOT TO SPECIAL ORDER THE PARTS, IF YOU CAN FIND THEM. YOU BETTER BE HANDY W/ A WRENCH, AND HAVE GOOD COMMON SENSE DIAGNOSING SKILLS. THEY ARE MORE DANGEROUS DUE TO TIPPING AND WEAK WELDS. IF YOU WANT TO GO FAR FROM HOME, DONT.

In the end, the ONLY ONLY way i would tell you to buy one, is if you live within an hour of the dealer, and make DAMN sure they will supply parts, ANY AND ALL parts. very important. if i lived next to raceway atvs, id probably have a few chinese machines, but my main machine would still be a jap.

hope i helped, MATT

Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Matt,

Thanx for the update and honesty about your experiences with Wildfire. I live in California and am curious about the company that you orderd the hard to find part from. Do you know a web site for it or a phone number. Also what the hek was the hard to find part that you had to order it clear from Cali? Was it engine, structural or electrical?

Thanx, Broomer