Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Nick's first wipeout

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nick's first wipeout

My wife on her trail boss Our boy on his 150 alcander and me on my 400 sportsman went for a trail ride. I was up front Nick in the middle and my wife at the end. We all were driving slowly, I kept looking back to see how Nick was doing. The one time i looked back and nick was gone off the trail. I quickly put the bike in reverse and backed up. Nick come walking up the very step ditch saying i am alright. I was scared more then him. He was fine, I think the protective gear he had on helped. The part of the trail he wiped out on of course had a step 50' drop then a wood fence and a swamp. After me and my wife made sure he was alright and checked him over, then i had to get it out of the marsh and got it to the bottom of the hill. Then i had to winch it up. The bike hade some broken parts Nick was upset that his bike was broke. I have replaced and fixed the bike everything except the rear brake handle i am still trying to find where to get it, it has the hydrolic disc brake on the back. I might have to replace the hole brake. Anyway Nick wants to get right back on it, I am very surprised. I have told him he will have to wait till the brake handel is fixed. He has had smaller wipouts before, but this was the first time he rolled it,aas it rolled down the hill twice my wife said.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, the best news is he was all right. Bet that was scarier for you than him.

Even better he wasn't afraid to get back on.

Good for you for making sure he had all the gear on in the first place.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya as i was backing up I had some crazy scary thoughts racing through my mind. The worst senerios i was thinking. He said he hit a rut and it swered quickly off the trail. So i checked it out and sure enough there was. We took a load of gravel to fill it in so no one else hits it. I think the bigger atvs it did not bother. I have driven the 150 and ruts do move the steering pretty good.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear he was ok.