Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help choosing ATV for my son

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing ATV for my son

well. i was really not replying about the drr's, sorry to have confused anyone. i really dont want anyone to have to go through what i have w/ the chinese machines.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

i here yah

Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Trailblazer

Ok, I am going to tell you alittle about what I rode and what I think you may think you want. I have always ridden large cc quad. When I was 3 I was riding a Polais 250 (2stroke) when I was 5 I was riding a Suzuki QuadRunner 160 (4stoke) that bike was awsome. Held up for many many years of harsh abuse. Then I rode a Honda 250 (4stroke), and now I ride the Honda 400EX. I am currently 13, I may sound good but I may know what your child may want. I would not get him a 50cc if you ride with him. You'll find that you are giving him lots of space and trust me, its not fun being left behind purpos or not. If you dont want a larger cc quad I would reciment the 90cc. and the quad that if I was a child again I would choose and love, the Can-Am DS90. This little mini of the real racer's comes equipt with nerf bar so your child won't loose his footing and may run his foot over (very nice feature). It looks very, very awsome as well! Can-Am Is a forigen band but it is slowly coming more and more popular as you can see in the fallowing: DS90 DS250 DS450 Renigade800, and they bought Bombardier. You would not go wrong with the DS90, Awsome looks, great protection, wider a-arms so it will be harder to flip. I'd go with the DS90 if I had a child. --Gook-Luck on buying him his first ATV!!!--

Old 11-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

look at the drx's at koolkidzatv.com,

Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found a Can Am DS70 which seems like it would be perfect. But when I look at the size it really worries me. I spend so many hours on this purchase and would like to get it done. Does anyone have a DS70? Could a 48" kids drive it? Do these ATVs have the ability to make adjustments to help fit the kid?

Thanks!

Old 12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

kids grow fast! buy him a 90 he will drive it fine you can limit the speed on them so he wont be going fast. as far as the ds 70 you could try the can am forums and see if anyone there has one for some info.

hoyt

Old 12-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

what ever you decide to buy and you buy name brand you cant go wrong..buy one from a dealer closest to you so you will have service if you need it thats the biggest thing . and i would still buy a 90 you wont be sorry.

gooduck lets us know what you get

hoyt

Old 12-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bartturner it has a lot to do with where you're location is , in what State ; take for instance the lowest Honda Dealership in the us are Southern Honda powersports located in Chattanooga TN. !

For a brand new 2006 Honda TRX90 sales for $1783.00 At Southern Honda Motor Sports of Chatanooga TN.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm off to pick up my Boy's new DRX 50 today. Bartturner - as far as reliability goes on these bikes I couldn't say for sure. I have read good reviews. All I know is you don't win national titles if you break down alot. A DNF does not score you many points in the series. All I do know is, it is one of the only mini quads with HYDRAULIC disk brakes. All your so called name brand ones our cable style drum brake. Not to mention again that the polaris suspension and most others suck. DRR told me the bikes were made in Taiwan, not China. Most of your smaller name brand bikes are also made in Taiwan, not Japan like you might assume. Anyway I guess I will find out soon enough on reliability. We are off to the sand dunes at Dumont next weekend. My boy is very excited. Oh and buy the way the Polaris Predetor 50 is now up for sale. I will say though, it has been a very good quad for him the last year and a half. Just too slow now and poor suspension. Have a great weekend.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

DRR/DRX machines are very good machines. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"When I was 3 I was riding a Polais 250 (2stroke) when I was 5 I was riding a Suzuki QuadRunner 160 (4stoke) that bike was awsome."........chest wader time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Help choosing ATV for my son