Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 50 quad review

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50 quad review

I am looking at buying a 2005 Kazuma 50 for my daughter. The guy says it just had a valve adjustment and that it runs great.

Are these decent quads?

What would a good price be for it? He is asking $400 but I dont know what they cost new......???

Anything in particular I should look at before buying it?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Too high! He probably didn't give much more than that brand new. You're already taking a risk buying a Chinese quad brand new, buying used is an even bigger risk. I wouldn't give more than $100-150. These are decent starter quads for young kids if you have access to parts and are good with a wrench. If you are not mechanically inclined, I would spend some more money and get a used name brand quad. My son rides a small Coolster ATV, but I plan to graduate him up to a name brand quad in the future. This one is not going to last for too many years, he's already trying to jump it!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently picked up a non-running KMX 50 (same quad) for my 4 year old on ebay for $150. Brought it home, changed the oil, put a new battery in it, adjusted the valves and it fired right up. Runs strong. Rear brake (only brake) works great. $400 is a bit steep for one of these, but if it is in good shape, runs strong and had regular maintenance, $300 would be reasonable.

Keep an eye out on Ebay and Craigslist for kids quads -- they are on there all the time.

BTW, you can pick these things up for $500 shipped to your door brand new, but they are sold out everywhere right now.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

we had 2 kazuma meerkats, in my opinio they're the biggest POS made. these are made for 3-5 year olds so if yor daughter is older then its going to be to small , the meerkat also uses a simi automatic transmission,meaning it still needs to be shifted, 4-5 year olds can't understand when, why and how to shift, this age kids needs a fully automatic transmssion , also they only have a rear drum brake, no front brakes, also no front suspension , with no front suspenision the front end just bounces around , i would walk away from it. one more thing $400 for a used meerkat is way to much to pay, it's worth somewhere between $150-200, you can buy a 2 stroke 49cc mini atv off of e-bay for less than $300 shipped, look under pocket bikes for these. look at item #180189858489 is a good example, it has front and rear suspenision also has f&r disc brakes for $295 shipped.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Owned one and and loved the first 1/2 hour of it!! Then things went downhill. I had to wrench on it after ever ride. Tires, valves, breaks, electronics almost everything. But that was not the worst of it. the worst was trying to teach my 4 year old how to shift up then stop because the shift pattern would go all the way around. On my mode (04)l if you shift one down it puts you in 4th gear and if you are on level ground it will pickup too much speed if you are not ready. Very unsafe for small kids even with the throttle way down. I ended up locking it in second gear. Being a past owner of lots of atc/atvs I cannot honestly advise anyone to buy a meerkat. Other chinese quads are a little better, you should keep looking. i sold mine for 150.00 which I thought was fair because it was two years old. I only paid 499.00 for it new.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

brother inlaw bought a kasea 50 cc 2 stoke for a 150 bucks way better then a china quad.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

We have a 49 CC two stroke mini-quad right now. Big piece of crap.

I didnt like it because it doesnt have a governor, and it doesn't have a remote kill switch.

I am about to buy her this one:

http://www.bestpriceatvs.com/p...t.php?productid=16198

Any thoughts? Anyone know where I could get one cheaper?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

I'm taking a guess here that you're in Las Vegas judging by your username. If I'm wrong, then just ignore this post.

I just searched the Las Vegas craigslist and found the same ATV locally. You might be able to go there and get a first hand look at it before buying one. Just make sure that you're ready to do your own wrenching and also make sure that you can get parts for it.

Here is the Craigslist ad: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/491569157.html

Old 12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilveradoSS

I'm taking a guess here that you're in Las Vegas judging by your username. If I'm wrong, then just ignore this post.

I just searched the Las Vegas craigslist and found the same ATV locally. You might be able to go there and get a first hand look at it before buying one. Just make sure that you're ready to do your own wrenching and also make sure that you can get parts for it.

Here is the Craigslist ad: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/491569157.html</end quote></div>

That is crazy, I have been looking at this exact Craigslist for weeks and some how missed this quad. LOL

I am going there today to take a look at it. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just called the place that is selling these on Craigslist, they want $559 for the quad, not the $499 advertised plus a $50 "freight fee" and a $50 "Dealer set up fee" plus tax so out the door they want Over $600 bucks for it!

Quick Reply: Kazuma 50 quad review