Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

TaoTao 110cc 2008 model

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao 110cc 2008 model

Just picked this up from the Roadway trucking terminal. This model came with front drum and rear disk brake. Assembly so far was simple. The rear brake line had to be bled down. I drained the engine oil and filled with 10w-30w. Next I have to charge and install the battery then the rear rack.
Before I start it up, does the carburator need to be adjusted? Are there any other tips for assembly?
Anyone have one of these?
How do you like it?

Old 01-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Take the bowl off and make sure there isn't a gel pack in it. If so, remove it.
Also, I know the manufacturer recomends 10w30 or 10w40...but in my experience, it has trouble starting with 10w30 and 40.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Full Time DAD!

We have the exact model. It runs great. I had to adjust the throttle screw nearly all the way in to keep it slow enough for my 6 year old. I have had to tighten the exhaust header nuts once because the nuts had backed off slightly and the header was loose at the head. Otherwise, it has been great.
As for the oil, I am running Castrol 10 40 and have had no issues with it starting but we don't live in an extremely cold area either. There was no gel pak in the carb on ours and the assembly was fairly simple. One thing you should do, and if you have read many posts here you have already read this but, check and tighten every bolt and nut you can see because many of them are loosened in shipping and/or just not tightened at the factory.
One other thing...find you some fuel line and put on the gas cap nipple and route it thru the hole at the base of the handlebars. This will keep any splash up from getting on the rider if you fill the tank too full.

All in all, this has been a good buy for us as our little one has had a total BLAST on it!

Good luck!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fourwheeldrive

We have the exact model. It runs great. I had to adjust the throttle screw nearly all the way in to keep it slow enough for my 6 year old. I have had to tighten the exhaust header nuts once because the nuts had backed off slightly and the header was loose at the head. Otherwise, it has been great.

As for the oil, I am running Castrol 10 40 and have had no issues with it starting but we don't live in an extremely cold area either. There was no gel pak in the carb on ours and the assembly was fairly simple. One thing you should do, and if you have read many posts here you have already read this but, check and tighten every bolt and nut you can see because many of them are loosened in shipping and/or just not tightened at the factory.

One other thing...find you some fuel line and put on the gas cap nipple and route it thru the hole at the base of the handlebars. This will keep any splash up from getting on the rider if you fill the tank too full.

All in all, this has been a good buy for us as our little one has had a total BLAST on it!

Good luck!</end quote></div>
Thanks, I was just about to pull the carb to check for the jel pack. I'll skip it.
I will check the bolts for tightness. I have some blue loctite.
Did you have to adjust the carb?
Do I need to check the apark plug?
What is the lever on the carb? The choke? Which is open or closed?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer
Full Time DAD!

Loctite everything you can. It will save you in the long run! No carb adjustment except for having to buy some fuel line clamps because the one on the carb nipple from the tank line was missing and everytime I used the choke, it came off. The clamp fixed that.
I've not had any issues thus far with the plug. The lever on the carb is the choke. Up is on or choked and down is off or unchoked or run, however you want to say it! LOL!

My 6 year old is on it every second we let him ride and I must say has become quite proficient in riding. My only concern is, and it could be a good or bad thing, he has no fear. He followed my sister in law and her husband up a hill and because I have the throttle set down so low, was unable to get up it completely. Half way up he stopped. He did use the brake to back down safely and I was amazed that he didn't panic or have any problems getting down and it was a fairly steep hill.

Anyway, I hope your little one(s) has/have as much fun on yours as mine has on ours.

Good luck and if you need any more info, let me know!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll take your advice.
Thanks!

Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have 2 2007 taotao 110s and neither of them have a clamp on the hose going to the carb either. weird.