Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New owner of a Vbike

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of a Vbike

Well as I posted earlier on one of these posts I was going to Edmond,Okla. to see the Vbikes and didnt want to order sight unseen. After all the research and looking I had my mind made up to get the 300 cc utility but when I got there I was greeted very very friendly by a hell of a nice guy. I explained what I was going to do where I planned to ride and how and the first thing said was . "Get the 250 if you want a really good machine ." And then he startd to explain it all to me. Both were side beside on the floor so I took careful examination of both of them I did like the work on the 300 cc but then he kept telling me how good the 250 was I rode the 250 around the lot (in freezeing rain no less ) brought it back in the shop. And said , I'll take it . He said well go eat and mess around and give me about an hour and its ready ????? Thinking huh ready for what ? They assembled it , tested it , repaired the lights. tuned the carb fixed all the papers and loaded it in the pick up for me . I was thinking I was getting one in a box . I still have to tighten and check all the necessary on it , but thats it . They even ran a test ride around the parking lot before loading .
For the money , (even tho its Chinese) it looks great feels great and runs terrific. at about 4,000 less than a name brand. I was shocked when he talked me out of the more expensive one and bigger telling me it was more than I really needed for what I wanted one for .
Now its only time will tell , But tonight its in the back of the pick up yet and I am home as a happy owner of a Vbike .
By the way wife looked at the 250 cc sport utility and said in May thats mine if this one is ok. Cant argue with a woman

Old 02-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Hey leesumm,
great to hear of your good experience with Tim.What color did you get?
If my count is correct I think your about the 12th new vbike owner in the past two months on this site.
They truly are a great machine for the price.The way they set up that bike you get all of the 250cc's.
When you get a chance please post some pics if you can.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Range Rover

It spent the night in the back of the pick up in the front yard LOL. But come daylight today I am going to play with it and finish it out . Tim had the full line of colors , I was really looking forward to the camo thinking it was the mulitcolored tan camo of the more "famous" brands. But this camo reminds me of the original US Army camo, kind of a dark green loden green leafy color but not rough but then not shiny a little dull. Tim said this color didnt show dirty like the blue , red , and green. I almost took the blue which is a deep rich shiny color and being blue as the favorite. But then wanting this for the purpose of hunting , I could really see a blue ATV sitting in the midst of trees thinking it would stand out like a sore thumb. So I went with the camo.
Just for the fun of it , I will post a pic or two of it after its in running and ready condition

Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi everyone, i was wondering how the 250 sport utility looks up close. im thinking about goin to edmond to look at them monday. anyone have one or looked at them close thanks

Old 02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Range Rover

Yes I did, I looked at one yesterday , they look pretty damn good. lots of chrome , the front end looks pretty hefty . high fenders , short and narrow kinda like the sports series. I wasnt impressed too much with the chain drive mechanism tho. But the wife looked at it pretty close and she thinks if this 250cc utility works she will get one in May. The one he has set up for show has the dark camo color which the background was almost black and then a lighter almost loden army green . Then it was a reall deep shine to it.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks leesumm. i've talked to tim on the phone and looked at the pics of them they dont look to bad.