Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need Info ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Info ???

Can any one tell me anything about a 2007 X-Treme XA-112? I'm wanting to buy this for my son birthday he will be seven. Is this a piece of junk or pretty descent???

Old 03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need Info ???

If it's Chinese and you cant fix it. dont buy it.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need Info ???

Wow TXATV,Your a new member and your only two posts have been negative.Did you do your research befor you purchased a chinese atv?

Hello and welcome carltonm1.Sorry I don't know anthing about the bike your asking about but this is an awsome forum with great people and I'm sure in time you will get a civil answer.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Need Info ???

Welcome to the forums.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
If you have no clue as to whether your son will like 4 wheeling, a Chinese cheapo could be a good thing.
If you are sure he will like riding and/or you do not have a mechanical background then chinese isn't a good thing. (that civil enough? LOL)
How about a nice 70cc DRR? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Need Info ???

If it's a TRUE Xtreme quad, and not a copy, it may be a bit much for him if it's his first one. The real Xtreme brand is pretty much a race ready quad. The copies are Chinese imitations.

Like LT80 said, your wrenching skills can play a big part in the buying experience.

Best thing you can do if you do buy a Chinese, or Taiwan made brand is make sure you have a good parts source, and hopefully a good dealer.

And welcome to the forums Carltonm1.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need Info ???

Hey just letting someone know. If it's a kids birthday and they get a 4 wheeler it should run. I have five Chinese motos and I know how to fix them but a lot of people dont. The biggest part is fine tuning everything when you get it new. Carb,
throttle, and the electical that has come off during transit, or they hooked it up wrong. But yes I can hang with the Ch-bikes.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Need Info ???

So why do you assume the thread creator has no idea how to wrench?

carlton, if you know how to turn a wrench, and have basic knowledge of small engines, then it wont
be that big of a deal for you. Make sure you get one from a local dealer, that will back up your order.

Sounds like TXATV got burned by Santa once lol.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need Info ???

maybe,.....LOL, but I got it figured out and it runs great now. They all do, in fact.......All of mine that is...............

Old 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need Info ???

I got one of those 08 KMD 250cc Sport Quad for my son acually and that was the biggest pain, but after getting the carb ideal adjusted, throtal cable adjusted, and the cluch, It will rock n roll now. I dont like second gear though. Its too low, but other than that. It runs great.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Need Info ???

Thats the biggest factor with the MIC bikes. When they break, like any bike will, you have to know how to fix them
without having parts available. I was lucky with mine, not too many problems. I dont have the 2nd gear issue, so I guess Im lucky there too. All 4 gears have a good amount of power throughout. Where did you buy yours from?

Quick Reply: Need Info ???