Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike 150 utility

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike 150 utility

Anyone have one of these. If so what are your thoughts on it. I will be purchasing a ATV for my wife to ride with me on my Marshin. I am also looking at the Hensim 150 utility. I found this one and thought it would maybe work a little better for her since it sits 6 inches taller than the Hensim. It also has slightly larger tires on it, 21 inch in front 20 inch in back vs. 19 inch on the Hensim. I called Vbike and found that the motor is a Lifan which is the same manufacturer of the engine in my Marshin. I know that the Lifan is one of the better, if not the best, Chinese made engines so that makes me feel good about this one. I do not know what motor the Hensim uses. Any input would be great. Thanks, Ghcoe

Old 03-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy got one of these for his daughter and they love it.I road it and it has a good power.There are a couple of others in this forum that have purchased this maybe they will chime in.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Did you find the size good/comfortable for a adult? Mostly for kicking around, but there will be some extended trail rides. Thanks, George.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Yes its as big as my wifes roketa.Its fine for an adult .Here is a link that might give you an idea.This is one of the members here that bought one for his wife

http://forums.atvconnection.co...id/44/threadid/537231

I am 6' 250lbs and it pulled my butt really good.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Hi again George, I would have commented on this thread first if I had noticed it before your Heisim 150 thread. When I purchased my 150 from Vbike I thought it would be identical to the one you pictured, it wasn't. Thats ok though because the one I received has a nicer looking front end to it. Perhaps it's the newer version.

As Kman mentioned, I purchased one for my wife. She loves it. I really like it. I like getting on it and taking it for a spin. It's a fun ATV.

The only issue that I have had with it is the usual dead China battery syndrome. Tim at Vbike worked with me on that issue though so that was no big deal. The ATV looks good, runs good, and dang it's really fun to ride. It has plenty of low end torque for mountain trail riding here in Colorado. Also, it's plenty fast enough for what we will be doing. To me, it seems to be a very well made ATV. All the welds look really good, the frame looks strong, and is comfortable. The overall size is impressive, it has a full size look and feel.

I can definatly recommend one, and would purchase one again.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Coloradotrailrider for your input.

I guess I will have to ask Tim when I am ready to order exactly what unit I will be receiving. I think I am steering towards the Vbike for the size and the fact that they use Lifan motors in this unit. I have done some research on the Lifan motors and have found that they are a solid Chinese manufacturer. My Marshin has a 200cc Lifan motor in it and it runs like a champ.

Thanks, ghcoe

Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got one. I posted a little about it

http://forums.atvconnection.co...&keyword1=vbike%20150

After a little more time with it,I gotta give it a high mark (so far-maybe 20 yardmiles). The thing seems great.The negatives have been:

Junk battery
loose bolts

I noticed that the wheels looked unaligned.The inner tire rods were castle nutted and cotter pinned from the factory.And not tight.
It seems to smoke a little when cold. It goes away after warm-up.It's probably a fuel loading issue (no manual choke) but it seem to me thats it's oil smoke.Maybe ring seating?
I'll try and post occasionally with updates.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Mine did the same thing, but I do believe that it is just rich fuel from the automatic choke solenoid. After it warmed up, maybe minute or less, then it was gone.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

My friends does as well.Even in warm weather we noticed it but it goes away after it warms up as Colorado stated.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

My Marshin smokes some when the choke is on as well. Looks to be oil (blue smoke and smells like Rotella). I think it is that the rings need time to seat.

Quick Reply: Vbike 150 utility