Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems

Vbike's warranty as stated on their website................

WARRANTY:

WE GUARANTEE OUR PRODUCTS FROM DEFECTS WITHIN THE FIRST 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE YOU RECEIVE YOUR ITEM. WARRANTY IS ON PARTS EXCHANGE BASIS ONLY. VBIKE.US WILL SERVICE YOUR VEHICLE UNDER WARRANTY AT NO ADDITIONAL COSTS. HOWEVER, IT IS BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SHIP OR BRING IN YOUR VEHICLE TO OUR FACILITY FOR WARRANTY SERVICE(S). ANY OUTSIDE REPAIR, LABOR CHARGES, DOWN TIME, TOWING, OR SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. WARRANTY PERIOD STARTS FROM THE DATE YOU RECEIVE YOUR VEHICLE. WARRANTY COVERS FACTORY DEFECTS AND DEFAULTS ONLY. WE DO NOT COVER MISUSE OR BROKEN PARTS CAUSED BY THE USER OR BY ANY OTHER EVENT. HOWEVER, IT IS BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SHIP OR BRING IN THEIR VEHICLE TO OUR FACILITY FOR WARRANTY SERVICE(S).

TO FILE A WARRANTY CLAIM, PLEASE LOG ON TO OUR WEBSITE VBIKE.US AND SEND US A WARRANTY CLAIM VIA E-MAIL. DEFECTIVE WARRANTY PART(S) AMY BE ASKED TO BE EXCHANGED FOR NEW REPLACEMENT PART(S). NEW REPLACEMENT PART(S) UNDER WARRANTY WILL BE SHIPPED TO YOU AT NO ADDITIONAL COSTS. PLEASE RETURN YOUR DEFECTIVE PART IN ORDER FOR US TO SHIP OUT YOUR REPLACEMENT PART(S) AND GUARANTEE WE SHIP YOU THE RIGHT PART.

REPLACEMENT PARTS ARE SHIPPED WITHOUT CHARGE, BUT IT IS CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PHYSICALLY INSTALL THE REPLACEMENT PARTS OR BRING YOUR VEHICLE IN FOR SERVICE.

LIMITED PARTS WARRANTY DETAILS:

WARRANTY IS EFFECTIVE ONLY IF:

(1) THE PRODUCT IS COMPLETELY AND CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED BY A CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE OR MOTORCYCLE TECHNICIAN.

(2) THE PRODUCT IS USED UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSES.
(3) THE PRODUCT RECEIVES ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENTS.

RETURN POLICY: NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

REFUND POLICY: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUND OR RETURNS.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Classic "if it aint in the contact it aint in the contact" right?

Well here's where the issues get real gray.

picture this hearing broken English

Tim says to me (and any number of other persons who've bought from him) "I tell you is simple to put ATV together, is no problem, I tell you exectly how to do it, anyone can do it; it easy, you don't need a mechanic"
Tim also says "VBike the best. If you have problem then you call and I fix it, that easy, no problem. I have many customer happy my service"

This is where CLASS ACTION becomes reality. How many persons bought from VBike and heard these same lines or similar lines?

"WE GUARANTEE OUR PRODUCTS FROM DEFECTS WITHIN THE FIRST 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE YOU RECEIVE YOUR ITEM."
This is not part of the warranty this is a GUARANTEE. In many states this is separate from a warranty.
This guarantee both verbally and written expressly implies my product will be free from defects when I recieve the item.

I'd like to invite any one else who purchased a product from VBike to reply with what Tim said to you.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

For the price of these bikes including freight sometimes there is going to be a defect.Unfortuatly we have to be prepared to be able to do our own repairs and warrenty work. Thats why we buy thru the internet and save hundreds.Tim has been a good dealer for me and srveral others in this forum as well as another forum I am a member of wich is primarily a duel sport site.
It sucks that on a brand new bike the transmission is no good I would be bumed.
If Tim was to raise his prices by five or six hundred dollars then I could see a different situation as far as a bike replacement.
I'm sure Tim will replace your motor wich is what is clearly stated in his warranty.If he dosn't live up to the warranty agreement then I will be in your corner.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Tim hasn't done me wrong, I also would be irritated that the tranny didn't work. I know Tim will honor his word and ship you a replacement engine.
I needed a replacement part and he shipped it really fast.

Hi Kman, hope all is well.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Colorado,Everything is going great thanks for asking.Hope all is well with you!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alrighty update. Apparently Tim does read these forums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Late last week he conceded to send me an engine cross ship so I don't have to wait on it to arrive and so I can have something to package the defective engine for return.
I'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive.
In the mean time I've picked up the 13 tooth gear and an aftermarket 428 chain. I'm lucky enough to have IronPony right out my back door. The chain only cost me $7!!
Also picked up an NGKSEA-9 plug while I was at it.
I figure I'll throw all that in with the new engine.
Meanwhile I got some 1st gear riding in out in the muddy fields with the boy.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Range Rover

Wildwoody,

Glad to hear Tim is sending you an engine and that things are working out. You will really like the 13 tooth front sprocket as it makes the Taotao 250D have more low end power and torque while putting the higher gears in a more useable RPM. Best of luck and keep us updated how your new engine and return process goes with Vbike.

Slydog

Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Good to hear your getting things worked out Wildwoody.I have delt with Tim on a few occasions and its been nothing but positive.He is basically a one man opperation and seems a little overwelmed at times but he has always seems to take care of his customers.Keep us posted on your endevers.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: slydogsrus

Wildwoody,

Glad to hear Tim is sending you an engine and that things are working out. You will really like the 13 tooth front sprocket as it makes the Taotao 250D have more low end power and torque while putting the higher gears in a more useable RPM. Best of luck and keep us updated how your new engine and return process goes with Vbike.

Slydog</end quote></div>

This should be known from now on as the "Slydog Mod" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ouch, me too! I just purchased a 300 on froday and there is 5 problems out of the box and tim wants me to claim them to the carriers. Tim has promised a carb, seat, tie rod, gas tank fender.. I want a new one! Im screwed! I called my charge company in dispute.

Quick Reply: Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems