Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems

Could any one tell me what to adjust on the carb, it stahls and bogs all the time when it warms up. Would it be the side adjustment or the bottom Air /Fuel adjusment. What is the screw on the side for? Idle?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ricky17

Could any one tell me what to adjust on the carb, it stahls and bogs all the time when it warms up. Would it be the side adjustment or the bottom Air /Fuel adjusment. What is the screw on the side for? Idle?</end quote></div>

Yes the screw on the side is idol and the bottom is the air/fuel.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems"></title><script src=

I'm so sorry to hear that, good luck! I too have a warranty claim, my carburetor still leaks I'm still waiting for my fender and torn seat that was damaged in shipping. Tim received the money from R&L Carriers and holding me hostage for a carburetor that don't work. Tim won't call me back either! Well it's only been 3 months. I have ridden my ATV twice for 10 Minutes or until it stalls! I have less than 5 miles on it. $2000.00 dollars down the tubes! Beware!
Rick

Detroit Michigan

Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm so sorry to hear that, good luck! I too have a warranty claim, my carburetor still leaks I'm still waiting for my fender and torn seat that was damaged in shipping. Tim received the money from R&L Carriers and holding me hostage for a carburetor that don't work. Tim won't call me back either! Well it's only been 3 months. I have ridden my ATV twice for 10 Minutes or until it stalls! I have less than 5 miles on it. $2000.00 dollars down the tubes! Beware!
Rick

Detroit Michigan

Old 08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Still Waiting on my warranty claim, my carburetor still leaks I'm still waiting for my fender and torn seat that was damaged in shipping. Tim received the money from R&L Carriers and holding me hostage for a carburetor that don't work. Tim won't call me back either! Well it's only been 3 months. I have ridden my ATV twice for 10 Minutes or until it stalls! I have less than 5 miles on it. $2000.00 dollars down the tubes! Beware!
Rick

Detroit Michigan

Old 08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Email from tim & Reply

Dear Tim
No, not true, I still not riding by atv because it won't stay running with new carb, I have not sent back old carburetor because it runs better but leaks badly. As far R & L carrier you where paid for damage and did not send me parts. You are the one that is not following though or helping. I post online because they help me more than you! That's really bad on your part if you want to sell atv you must stand behind problems. I don't want to keep your second carburetor I want atv I can ride! I spend $2000.00 to sit in garage, Now battery dead because it sit! Why won't you stand behind your product and help me!

Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:41 AM
To: ricky17@wowway.com
Subject: Re: Seat Fender & Carbs

there is no promised about the fender and seat of your ATV, no matter what we do to help you ,you still post bad thing about our company ,we send you brand new carb ,have you send the old one back ? no , about the seat and fender we toll you to file a claim with R&L they will pay your damage ,or send these back to us we will replace you new one ,

-----Original Message-----
To: azsupply@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 7:05 am
Subject: Seat Fender & Carbs
Dear Sir,

I am still having trouble with both carburetors and I need my seat & fender you promised! I see on the blog you tell everyone you sent me a seat. Your leaving me no choice but to let MasterCard dispute this purchase. Please contact me as soon as possible.

Thank You

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have picture if you need it

Old 08-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good Luck, I just got mine going from a bad carb and now the batterys dead. it has 5 miles on it! I got ripped off. Tim wont even return my calls for two other warranty issues. CALL ME TIM! YOU SAY YOU READ THE POSTS!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey do you know how to tighten the chain. it drags in the cross member.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default taota ata25

hey i dont know where to ask but i figure someone here would know.. i just bought the 250cc taota atv and the i dont know if the oil mixes with the gas or if its a 4 stroke.. its a 2009..... thanks

Quick Reply: Taotao ATA-250D shifting problems