Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Giovanni

Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanni

Hey

I bought a Giovanni 110cc last year and had problems ever since. It started off with the headlight/starting modual. I had to solder that all together. Then it started fairly well. It ran for most of that year. I stored it away over the winter and here we are this year.

I tried to get this going and it was very difficult to start. I checked the gas and we were getting that. I checked the spark and we were getting that. I then finally got it started and I could not handle the amount of smoke that came from the engine. So I have no clue if that would be the engine or the carb settings. I tried to adjust the carb and nothing seemed to help.

I did drive the bike up the street to see how it would run and there was no lower end power but when it got going it seemed to have the correct power but then it just stopped. I tried again to get it started and again with a huge amount of trouble but did get it started with ALOT of smoke.

I am not sure what to do next and if it is the engine or just carb settings so if anyone could give some suggestions that would be great.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Giovanni

If it is black smoke it is too much gas, which could foul the plug and stop you cold. Also it would run better at higher rpms. Might try some carb cleaner.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Giovanni

I bought a giovanni 50 cc mini quad for my son and am having trouble starting. It has spark, safety teather is engaged, brake is on, has gas and oil. Does anyone have suggestions? also does anyone know what the spark plug equivilant is?