Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

GIOVANNI 110CC ATV- PROBLEMS STARTING

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GIOVANNI 110CC ATV- PROBLEMS STARTING

I have had a problem with my giovanni 110cc. I have changed the batteries and they don't seem to hold there charge. However, the atv was working fine for several months without a boost. I went to start the atv on the weekend because i went to the cottage and it doesnt seem to work. The lights on the atv work fine but when i go and start the engine It makes a click sound and the engine doesnt even try to start. I emailed the guy who sells them and he said "You may need a new solenoid, Please bypass the solenoid and see if it starts". If I change it with the same part won't the problem just happen again? Is the problem the solenoid or the starter or the spark plug? I bought the atv last winter so its fairly new, any help would be great.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tdegrego

I have had a problem with my giovanni 110cc. I have changed the batteries and they don't seem to hold there charge. However, the atv was working fine for several months without a boost. I went to start the atv on the weekend because i went to the cottage and it doesnt seem to work. The lights on the atv work fine but when i go and start the engine It makes a click sound and the engine doesnt even try to start. I emailed the guy who sells them and he said "You may need a new solenoid, Please bypass the solenoid and see if it starts". If I change it with the same part won't the problem just happen again? Is the problem the solenoid or the starter or the spark plug? I bought the atv last winter so its fairly new, any help would be great.</end quote></div>

sounds like a dead battery to me, i have 2 quads here for my grandkids to ride when they come and visit and i never had a dead battery even after the quads sit here for 3-5 months at a time, reason BATTERY TENDER, if a atv battery sits more than a week it starts to loose its charge, a battery tender will keep the battery charged 100% all the ime so theirs no surprizes when trying to start the quad. you need to buy a new battery and a battery tender and you'll be fine.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! I will try the new battery and see what happens, hopefully that all it is.