Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

HELP With loose rear axel on 110cc china quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP With loose rear axel on 110cc china quad

Hi, everyone !!! Love the helpfull posts !!! My problem is the rear axel is loose on my kids giovanni 110cc quad and it only has 6 hours on it !! I could not find any concrete info anywhere on these forums about it. I apologize if i'm repeating another but I would love some input on this problem. Do I need new bearings or ?
BTW i have access to a great machinist with a lathe to help as i don't think i'm going to get much help from where it was purchased.
Maybe there aren't any bearings in there at all, just bushings ! I would again love any input before i start to dismantle it.......Thanks

Old 05-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer

A lot of things come loose on Chinese quads at first. A tube of Lock-tite helps to secure bolts that work themselves loose. Sometimes you have to double-bolt things just to keep them tight.
When you say that the rear axle is loose...where exactly is it loose? My son's 110 is a SunL. If it's like his, it has 2 adjustment bolts to adjust the chain tension. I noticed right away that they came loose and the axle shifted a bit. I just made sure they were tight and the sprockets were aligned and double-bolted them with lock-tite. They haven't moved since.
Is it a situation like that, or is it something more serious? Maybe someone else is more familiar with that exact bike.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer

is this the atv you have??click here

Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Howmon, Yes that it the exact one ! If you stand behind the quad and look at the axle between the sprocket and the brake, the axle runs through and is supported by the frame, It is here where there is movement. If you sit on the quad and look at the rear left wheel while giving it gas, it moves forward. This loosens chain tension and pulls the disk from the caliper.
Does anybody know whats in there ??

I'm new here and wondering how to post pics......Thanks

Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Range Rover

Having pics posted would definitely help in getting you the advice needed. To post pics, create an account at any of the typical image hosting sites, like Photobucket. Once the account is created, follow direction on how to upload pics. Once uploaded, you will see them offer a few lines of code, to aid you in posting pics in various types of places. To post pics in a forum like this, use the line that has "[IMG]" in it. Copy that line of code, then paste it here in the body of your reply.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is the pic, I think i figured it out ( I hope )

Name:  may2008013.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  71.2 KB

Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Keep in mind this a new quad with 6 hours on it !! Manufacture is looking into a replacement (no kidding !!) lol !!! Thanks to oblytr8 for showing me how to upload pics !!!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer

well...what i think I'm seeing in that pic is...of course the sprocket, then to the right of that, some kind of rubber end cap or grease shield, then a bearing, then another rubber end. It appears that they assembled it without the other bearing and it was just wearing on the rubber cap and when it wore out (6 hours) started wearing on the axle itself and the play was from the missing bearing.
Unless I'm looking at that pic the wrong way. It looks like you slid it out of the frame right??

Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes i slid it out for a picture. If you look to the right you will see whats left of the inner bearing race.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Is there remains of the old bearing there to the right? If the bearing was ever there, it appears maybe the bearing was defective, and just came apart, resulting in the load of the axle wearing on the rubber end cap, instead of outer shield of the steel bearing.

Quick Reply: HELP With loose rear axel on 110cc china quad