Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike 250cc Utility

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike 250cc Utility

Sage
I think you are really going to like it . Before cranking it up remember to change the engine oil. Take time to go over it once it is setup with a fine close look and wrench all bolts and nuts. I had to tighten the nuts on top of both front shocks which was a pain in the butt getting to . I had to remove all the cosmetics on front and get on top of the cross bar where the struts are bolted on . They were just loose enough that it made a little noise when bouncing over bumps . Other than that and the starter I am messing with now I have had no problem . A picture of mine after some use
Name:  Vbike2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  6.4 KB

Old 05-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Will do Leesumm. I have to say it sucks getting it and then having to leave. Feels like Christmas Morning!

Actually wasn't expecting it so fast. I went with the red one. Once I get to it - I'll put some pics somewhere of me assembling it, etc. Besides a quick sneak peek - I haven't been able to check anything. Appreciate the heads up - I'll check all the bolts and go through it very carefully.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Range Rover

Yes I know the feeling of Christmas morning right now. While reading your post the mail man delivered the replacement starter for mine. I have to check this one out and see if it corrects the problem now .

Old 05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

My fingers are crossed for you leesumm.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

I was going to post on my original post about the starter but I will here . I just got the new replacement in the mail a little ago and finished just now putting it on . I hit the starter and it didnt even turn a 1/4 turn and fired . Purrrs like a Tom Cat in a meat house . There is a difference between the two starters I still had the first replacement Tim sent and laid them side beside and there isnt one noticeable difference other than the numbers on them . The first one had a parts number on it and the second didnt . Of course the second one is off one on the showroom at Tims. But I am a happy camper again . Just the time out waiting on the trusty mail service. I think I can walk to OkC and back again by the time the mail goes by transportation . But any way it works agian . I know Tim cant control the mail service and he is GREAT with customer service and takeing care of business .

Old 05-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Good to hear everything worked out leesumm.Can't wait for your first video.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thats awsome leesumm, now you can get ridding again. Tim is proving to us all that Vbikes customer service isn't just a bunch of promises before the sale, he actually backs it up.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Got the bike together. Will post more later. With that said. There were no directions included. I checked everywhere. Fortunantly for the model I got - not a lot to put togther. Tires and handle bars - that's pretty much it.

Leesumm, since you have the same model as mine - is there anything I might be missing in the instructions you can think of? Changed the oil, etc. Haven't fired her up yet- haven't even put the acid in the battery yet. Will do that tomorow. Thanks in advance. Will post my thoughts on it when I have more time.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Sage, in case you didn't know, those batteries require a charge on a trickle charger before you use them. After you fill the battety with the acid it needs to sit for about a half hour, then you can put it on the trickle charger.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Range Rover

Not that I can think of Sage, I didnt put mine together I went over there and picked mine out off the showroom. Tim assembled mine for me enough to get it in the back of the pick up and bring home. I didnt have a book either other than the cheap owners manual given with the bike. I did a thorough inspection while it was still in the pickup then backed it out and road it around the yard a little. It was later I found the shocks a little loose, kept hearing a little rattle then figured it out. I have just tinkered with it as I went along untill the starter issue . Now seems that is solved I havent had the need to do any thing drastic yet. But we are taking it up on a mountain to a friends property here and do some riding and a little metal detecting on a old homestead when it clears up . But I dont see any problems with it .

Quick Reply: Vbike 250cc Utility