Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike 250cc Utility

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike 250cc Utility

Hi all,

Just ordered a 250cc Vbike Utility. After reviewing this board and seeing the overall feedback - I went with Vbike. Spoke with Tim this morning, accent is a little tough, should ship out tomorrow. He seemed to answer my questions fine. It's a Hensim engine with, he says, a mikuni carb. I plan on posting my experience and pics as I get it put it together, etc. I'll let you know of any problems I have - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Just thought I'd post a note and say hello. Been reviewing this board for the last couple weeks. For all of you that have posted your experience and expertise when it comes to these imports - it is greatly appreciated and very helpful. Probably the single reason I chose Vbike over other options was due to (mostly positive) feedback on this forum.

So Hi all and I look forward to a positive experience.

Tom

ps - I live in Alabama. Have had dirt bikes but this is my first ATV. Handy with a wrench - so hopefully no issues there.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations on your purchase Tom, and welcome to the forum. This forum has a wealth of information for all of us. The wait for ATV to arrive is exciting.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Take your time setting up your new toy, it will pay off. Make sure to blue locktite all the nuts and bolts so they don't vibrate loose and cause you grief in the future. The engine bolts don't need to be locktited though.

There is a huge consensus on this forum that the oil that comes in the engine from the factory is garbage. Just to be safe, it is advisable to change the oil even before firing it up for the first time. I used Valvoline 10W40 ATV oil in mine. The oil is for a wet clutch system, like yours has. There are many brands of oil that will work just fine. You probably have a site glass for the oil level on the lower right hand side of the engine. The site glass has low and high markings on the case. My ATV 250 takes just a smidge under a quart.

Hope you enjoy your new ATV,

Bruce

Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sage1408! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Congratulations on your purchase....looking forward to the good the bad and the ugly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL

Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

If it is being shipped Con-way you will get it fast. Tim shipped my wifes Tuesday evening and I picked it up at the depot on Friday morning. By the way the wife loves it. Taking it out for the first time tonight. Oh, it is the 150 utility.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Coloradotrailrider
SARGE listen to the man here. I also own the 250cc utility only I picked mine up in person so I could do a visual inspection of all models before laying out the money. Tim is a little hard to understand with the accent. But his primary is service after the sale and will just about anything to satisfy the customer. I am presently waiting on a starter. I am thinking the starters on the Chinese is of very low grade steel and the gear on the end of the starter shreaded in a short time use. I have not heard of other posts on the issue so maybe mine is a one in few. But any way Tim shipped one starter but we both think they might have shipped a 200cc starter instead . The one shipped turns the wrong direction . According to Tim both are the same physically but mechanicaly different. The short of it Tim is shipping yet another starter for replacement and the guy really works with the customers
Do as Coloradotrailrider says. change the oil first. I did with mine and there were a small amount of grey metal coloring in the oil . Then after running a few times of a short distance I would change ALL oils and be sure to check the oil filter screen when you do.
The Vbike is a good litttle ride for the money but it has to be watched for a period of time and tightening bolts and screws. I am very please with mine for what it is

Congratulations on your purchase Tom, and welcome to the forum. This forum has a wealth of information for all of us. The wait for ATV to arrive is exciting.[img][/img]

Take your time setting up your new toy, it will pay off. Make sure to blue locktite all the nuts and bolts so they don't vibrate loose and cause you grief in the future. The engine bolts don't need to be locktited though.

There is a huge consensus on this forum that the oil that comes in the engine from the factory is garbage. Just to be safe, it is advisable to change the oil even before firing it up for the first time. I used Valvoline 10W40 ATV oil in mine. The oil is for a wet clutch system, like yours has. There are many brands of oil that will work just fine. You probably have a site glass for the oil level on the lower right hand side of the engine. The site glass has low and high markings on the case. My ATV 250 takes just a smidge under a quart.

Hope you enjoy your new ATV,

Bruce</end quote></div>

Old 05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the Warm Regards.

Thanks Bruce... I'll certainly take your advice. Talked with Tim today, shipping via R&L Carriers.

Leesum, that's terrible about your starter. Since I purchased the same one - hope I have no issues. I asked Tim about it and he said it's the only problem like that he's had. Of course, what would a salesman say. He also said it would do 45MPH. Based on the posts I saw ,and I think one by you, - I told him I really doubt it. But hey, I'm 41 and getting it to go really fast was not the plan - or I would not of bought the heavy utility. Want more a trail rider here - but don't want to poke along either. So we'll see what she does.

I'll post more when she gets here and post as many pictures as a I can (most likely on a seperate web) Tom

Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

Well Tom.
I bought mine for the same purpose as you . I live just real close to a 1.8 million acre National Forest and I am just real close to 60 . I didnt want to do much walking and there are some trails here where a horse has trouble going . I didnt want any thing junky and flimzy or something to work on all the time. I did a lot of research and for the money a Vbike was it . I dont have that much time on it to really open it up and only using a GPS mounted on the small cover on the middle of the handle bars and using that for reference , I have had it to 25 and that was at half throttle, I dont think I want to go the extra and find out what top is . I had plenty of speed at that,besides the trails and country her wont allow much over 3rd maybe 4th . The weight (close to 500 lbs) and the size makes it perfect for me and my wants . It carries me and the wife together ,that in itself if a feat for any 4 wheeler that size and it does it with ease . I put a winch on it but so far I havent found a place it wont get me out of .
If Tim says its the first he has had trouble with a starter then I would believe him , so far I have no reason to doubt. And as it was said I havent heard of any others having the problem , it could have been 1 in a 1,000. Hell even Honda , Yamaha, Suziki has problems also other than price its not any difference than a Cadilac and a Chevy
The only problem with the Chinese that I can see is parts availability around the corner verses having to get parts mail order. And as you know, USPS and UPS service keeps going up and service goes down . I dont use mine that much but other than the starter its worked every time I used it since Feb. this year and delighted with Tim and the Vbike so far

Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Both my ATVs came by R&L, they shipped them pretty fast.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just checked with R&L. It's actually shipping from Dallas. Was picked up at about 5pm local time there. Didn't realize they had inventory sitting there. I was thinking mid next week but from Dallas - might be a lot quicker.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Got the 250cc Utility delivered this morning. I will say that was fast shipping! Ordered it Tuesday, they put it on a truck Wed in Dallas and had it at my door by about 9.00am Friday morning in Alabama. WOW!

I will not get chance to open it up until this evening but as I mentioned - I plan on posting "the good the bad and the ugly". So brief thoughts far. R and L Carriers did an excellent job. The only issue (if you would call it that) was he would not even move it on the truck until I signed for it. So you basically have to sign and accept it before you can even get it. With that said, the packaging looks in excellent shape. Can't speak for the contents inside yet but the shipping looks like they did an excellent job. One small tear in the cardboard covering the metal case and that was it. In addition, he had to unload it in the street and bring it down my drive (cement) via dolly- long driveway. He was extremely nice and did that and even placed it in my garage right where I wanted it. Very nice driver.

So, overall I found them to be most professional. Just the little issue of sign, saying you got it fine - then we'll get it down for you.

As a side note, it shipped from: Charles and Son Inc in Dallas TX. I did a Google and found Charles and Sons Scooters in Dallas TX at the same address on the shipping label. The number listed on the web, in several locations, is disconnected. Yes, I called - was curios. They are listed under Scooters and Wheelchairs in the phone book. This could just be a point of entry or storage - who knows. But I was curious if they sold ATV's, what kind and at what price. Also wanted to see if they had a website.

PS - I did open up just small area so I could peak in at the bike before I had to leave. LOOKED SWEET!

Quick Reply: Vbike 250cc Utility