Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lack of followup on this site

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lack of followup on this site

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

I can see offering advice, but as for following up afterwards, unless you've left more than 1 or 2 responses, I don't see a need. Especially if the person that originally posted the question has found the fix they were needing.

I don't think I have posted more than a few "have you got it running" posts. And those were just for ones that had gotten very few responses, and the original poster never said if they had gotten it fixed.</end quote></div>

I have been to many forums for different things, cars, trucks, landscaping, diy, just about everything. That being said, alot of times when you finally find exactly what your looking for, the thread just drops off with no help for what you need. Even if the person "fixed" the problem them self, I think they should put it in their post, so later on in the future when someone else has that problem, it can be found with a search of the forum.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Ok, you've got me confused.

If you posted a question, then yes, saying you have it fixed would be nice. If you responded to that question, then no, you shouldn't have to check up on them.

Your original statement, "Please people if you post a question in response to someones post please check back to see if the poster responded" is what has me confused.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

I really watch these to see if the atv actually got fixed and what fixed it. I try to add advice when I know, but I do like to see the end result or what the end problem was to put in my memory bank( slightly limited).

Old 06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

My origonal statement means just what it says. If a poster has a problem and you ask a question about that post, meaning you want them to provide you with more info on their problem, then check back to see if they answered your question so that you can better help them. for example my quad wont start! response Are you getting fire? Poster replies, no i am not getting fire.----- then nothing , the person who asked are you getting fire never checks back to see if they are or not, just leaves them hanging. thats what im talking about.