Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hanma 110 ATV Gear Ratio.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanma 110 ATV Gear Ratio.

Hi All,

I have a Hanma 110 ATV. I'm using it for the purpose as a pit bike at the drag strip. I want to use it to tow my racecar to the line and retrieve it at the end. In stock form it'll tow the vehicle (2450lbs) but naturally struggles. I've already changed the tires to smaller ones to change the gear ratio, it helped a little (changed from 18" tires to 16" tires). I'm looking ideally for a smaller front sprocket. I currently have a 14-tooth front sprocket. I can't seem to find a smaller one, probably because the countershaft keeper that locks the sprocket to the shaft can't really be much smaller due to the placement of the lock bolts. I'm hoping to find a smaller sprocket where I can cut the lock-keeper down and spot weld it to the drive sprocket to keep it locked in place. The drive shaft is a 6 square-toothed shaft.

My other option is the rear sprocket. The ATV has a 37-tooth rear sprocket, it connects to the axle with 4 bolts. If a smaller front one is not available then I'm open to a larger rear sprocket. Top-end speed isn't my priority. If I can get a max top end speed of 15 MPH that would be fine.

The ATV pulls fine until the clutches start to couple and then it pulls the engine down. If I could delay the clutch lock up to a higher RPM that would also help. This is probably more involved.

If anyone has any options or suggestions I would appreciate it.

P.S. I couldn't go with a bigger ATV because of the size of my race trailer, I needed one that was a narrow frame and short wheelbase.

Thanks!