Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

roketa atv 110 won't start need HELP

Old 04-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be completely honest with you, I would personally take this ATV back. I had the same problem but it was our carburetor that was the problem. We took the seat off and the air filter and found out the carburetor wasn't misting gas, with us flicking some gas it would start, but with the gas switch on, it would quit every time we'd idle. It wouldn't even pull me or our kids up an incline about 30 degrees, much less a hill. We then found out our carburetor was cracked, replaced it with a Red Cat Mammath 90's carburetor, fit perfectly. It started alot better, never got a one-press start though. Still couldn't get up a hill. After riding it for about 2-3 hours the fuel line busted, luckily it poured on the ground and our engine was hot. It was too much trouble for us, and extremely dangerous. I'm not wanting to worry you, it may have been a bad ATV from a bad retailer, but we returned it after wasting my money and time. We just stuck with a Yamaha Champ, but the best Chinese ATV I've ever owned was Kazuma, they unfortunatley do not make adult ATVs. A great ATV from Kazuma that is for kids is the Lacoste 110. Sorry for a late reply I just joined recently, maybe you have the same problem, if not please forgive me for wasting your time.
-Austin

Old 12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just bought a 250cc roketa used by this guy and it doesnt start. when we tested it it started up fine then when he dropped it off it didnt sart so we charged up the battery cause thats what he said it was still nothing. I ending up getting a new starter and new battery it started up good for about an hour then bam doesnt start. charged up the battery still nothing i checked the spark plugs but yea still dont know whats wrong.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joexonly
i just bought a 250cc roketa used by this guy and it doesnt start. when we tested it it started up fine then when he dropped it off it didnt sart so we charged up the battery cause thats what he said it was still nothing. I ending up getting a new starter and new battery it started up good for about an hour then bam doesnt start. charged up the battery still nothing i checked the spark plugs but yea still dont know whats wrong.
You check the spark plug(s?). How? The proper procedure is to remove the spark plug and hold the threads on the engine block while cranking the starter. Do you see a bright spark leaping the gap on the spark plug?

What is different between when it was starting up and now? Is the starter cranking more slowly? Have you tried jumping the quad battery to your car? (Just make sure you get the polarity right if you do this).

When the quad started after changing the battery and starter, was it easy to start, or was it difficult?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I have your answer!

I had the same problem. It is the security system. There are two connectors near the security system. One hads a smaller connectionor roughlya 1/4" thick the +/- ends are both black. Keep this connected. Above this connection is a 2nd connector which should be black and white. Disconnect these two and this thing will fire right up!.

Now can you help me?

I cannot seem to get the throttle turned down. This thing is always moving forward and I always have to hold the break. How do I fix this. I want this thing to go 5 mph.

Thanks,

Vince