Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

ANy suggestions on ATV to ride my 4 yr old on with

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANy suggestions on ATV to ride my 4 yr old on with

Well I have a 4 yr old son I am looking for an ATv to ride with him on or one to possibly star him out on. I just moved my son up to a Honda TRX90 and we sold his little chinese Fushin 90 atv becasue it was still to large for him.

The problem is his hands are so small that he cannot reach the brakes lever.. So my options are to find an ATV with very small levers or one that both him and I can ride on together.. I have a 250x Honda and it is too large for him to ride on with.. So I was thinking somesort of chinese ATv in the 110-250 range,, ANy suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Chris

Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are talking about a 4 year old...right?

Get a 50cc bike. Name brand is better but even Chinese would be a better route to go than a TRX 90 or any 110-250. As you've found out, 4 is too young for any bike that can hold both you and him to have him reach the controls. While there may be some rare kids who develope motor control early on, for most kids a 50cc will handle their skill level through ages 6, 7 or even 8 before ther is any need to get into a larger bike. Shoot - for some kids the only thing they can safely handle at the age of 4 is a power wheels.

Put him on a 50cc that is highly restricted. Work with him around the yard. As his skills improve, back off the restrictions and/or find slightly more challenging ground to ride on. Only after it is obvious that his skill level is surpassing the performance level of the bike should you go shopping for a larger ride. Sure, it means buying and selling more ATV's but there is no one size fits all for this.

Jaybee

Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah my son is 4 1/2,,, He was riding the 90 cc around the yard and my 60cc tri zinger with no problems at all.. The problem comes down the brake control.. HIs hand isnt long enough to pull on a stock handle yet.. I thought about modifying it closer for..

For know he is content me riding him around on the big bike but he cant hold on over the gas tank... We have a TRX90 already and I though about just buying another one for him to ride with me on. My 8 yr old just got the trx90 at 8; he reach that point about 6 months after riding.. I definietly do not want to push him into a larger bike too soon.. I'd rather him be safe..

I want to know besides the TRX is there any chinese bikes that are reliable enough for me to put around the yard with him. I know alot of people have problems with the CHinese ones and I have only had one.. The only issue I had was a bad battery.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah my son is 4 1/2,,, He was riding the 90 cc around the yard and my 60cc tri zinger with no problems at all.. The problem comes down the brake control.. HIs hand isnt long enough to pull on a stock handle yet.. I thought about modifying it closer for..

For know he is content me riding him around on the big bike but he cant hold on over the gas tank... We have a TRX90 already and I though about just buying another one for him to ride with me on. My 8 yr old just got the trx90 at 8; he reach that point about 6 months after riding.. I definietly do not want to push him into a larger bike too soon.. I'd rather him be safe..

I want to know besides the TRX is there any chinese bikes that are reliable enough for me to put around the yard with him. I know alot of people have problems with the CHinese ones and I have only had one.. The only issue I had was a bad battery.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

trx90 or a outlaw 90, either one would suit him