Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Sundiro Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundiro Issues

I found a Sundiro 90 cc quad on the side of the road with a sign that said free to good home. Naturally I took it home. I dont know anything about Quads but I can tell you what Ive done so far. I changer the fuel filter and lines. Cleaned out th gas tank and changed the spark plug. After all of that I mixed some fuel becuase I believe it is 2 stroke. Kicked started it a couple of times and it started to my amazement. It will idle for a few seconds and them die. I pulled the airbox off of it and took the filer out which is nasty but not sure where to get a new one. The airbox has two connections to it. One connects to the carb and the other connection is broken off not sure where it was supposed to hook up there's just a big hole in the top of it. I have read several forums on the website and got some great ideas but still no luck keeping it running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sundiro Issues

Update in the problem. I got it to idle without any issues but when you throttle it it just dies any suggestions.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Sundiro Issues

Welcome to the forum kurkanderson! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My best guess would be a dirty carb and or a fouling spark plug. Carb dirty is most likely the problem .

Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sundiro Issues

Thanks for the info. I have another question that maybe you can help with. There is a small tube on the carb that runs into the engine. I am guessing this is for an oil pump of some kind. If that is the case where do you put oil in the thing. The only place I can find is on the crank case and it is just a fill plug. I appologize for my ignorance but this has been a major learning curve.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Sundiro Issues

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kurkanderson

Thanks for the info. I have another question that maybe you can help with. There is a small tube on the carb that runs into the engine. I am guessing this is for an oil pump of some kind. If that is the case where do you put oil in the thing. The only place I can find is on the crank case and it is just a fill plug. I appologize for my ignorance but this has been a major learning curve.</end quote></div>

That is most likely the oil injector line coming from the injector pump. There has to be a oil tank somewhere on the machine. You might have turn the machine on its side to find it. I would look for a line coming off the engine near the blue line. Trace it back to find the oil tank.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sundiro Issues

Ok I will take another look at it and see what I can find. I found this thing on the side of the road so the tank may be missing. If it is oil injected then there is no need to mix the fuel. That may be where I went wrong to begin with. I mixed the fuel to start with and may have pluged up the carb. Thanks for the help. Ill let you know what I find.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sundiro Issues

OK I searched the whole thing and cannot find a tank anywhere. I looked all over the engine and cannot find a place oil would go in the engine even if there was a tank. The only tube coming out of the motor is a small plastic tube that connects to the carb. I even checked the bottom of the engine to see if there was some type of drain plug but nothing.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Sundiro Issues

Where does the blue line go into the carb? Side? Bottom? Is there a cover you could easily remove to access where the blue line goes into the engine?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sundiro Issues

I believe the line that you are referring to is black on this machine it may have been blue in the beginning. It connects to the side of the carb and if you follow it to the engine it goes in right above where the oil pump is. The only reason I know that is because the throttle has two cables one to the carb and one to the engine which actuates a small mechanical arm which I am guessing is the oil pump. The line is very small and a hard plastic in comparison to the rest of the lines.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Sundiro Issues

I read to fast as usual. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] "The small tube"

Can you get to the oil pump? You will need to get to it to either disconnect it and plug it and run premix. Or to get a new tank and run a hose to the pump.

Hope this helps...Ive got to run and wont be near a computer for about 4-5 hrs. Ill check back in on this when i return.

Quick Reply: Sundiro Issues