Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

VBIKE V4SW?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VBIKE V4SW?

In my quest for an inexpensive atv, I ran across the VBIKE line. Understanding it is a Chinese bike and many people don't think they are good, I am willing to take the chance and buy an 08/09 model. After reading the reviews on the vbike 250cc V4S, I became some what interested in this model. I am looking to use the atv for some very minor yard work and to go play on the sand trails behind my house. I emailed VBIKE with the description of what I was looking to do with the atv and they said that I should look at the "new" 250cc V4SW. I have found no reviews whatsoever on this atv. From what they (vbike) have said, it is the same basic bike as the V4S, but has different plastics, the rack on the back, a longer chain and wider rear axle. Other than that, it has drum brakes on the front and it's water cooled. The V4S is air cooled and has disc brakes all around. Has anyone ridden this particular bike? Is it worth the extra $50? Should I just go with the reviewed V4S? What are the pros and cons of discs vs drums on the front? What are the pros and cons of water cooled vs air cooled?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Default VBIKE V4SW?

I have no experience with the model you are asking about but I'll say you your better off buying a 4 year old used name brand bike. I'll bet it would be more reliable than the Chinese junk.

Wow 6 days late.. <excuse>I'm a mac user that has had hell with the forums as of late. : \ </excuse>

Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default VBIKE V4SW?

Welcome to the forum cphines! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There is a few threads here on the V bikes. Look back 6-9 pages and youll find them. They were quite popular here for a while. I would pay the extra $50.00 for the disc brakes. Much better stopping power than drums.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

I bought a V4SW instead of the V4S about a month or so ago BUY THE VS4W it is a much much better bike. I live close and was able to drive down and take a look and make side by side comparisions. IMO there is no comparision i was very impressed with the V4SW. The drum fronts are the only bummer but they do work well. The suspension is 100X better the over all quality is far superior to the V4S. When i went down there it was kind of a toss up for me on which one i was gonna buy and after a good look the V4S wasnt even an option for me considering the minor price difference. Im about 6'1 200lbs and i could take the rear grab bar and press down with all my weight and bottom out VS4 and the V4SW has a suspension more compariable to the jap quads and ive yet to bottom it out after taking it out and hitting up some decent jumps. So far ive taken the bike out and beat on it on a few outings and im very very happy with it and have nothing but good things to say about it. Ive actually been considering going down and picking up another one just like it or maybe the 150cc that is pretty much the same bike with the smaller motor and auto for my wife and friends to ride. Also im like you and wanted something i could use around the yard and stuff and the V4SW is the only one that has a trailer hitch on it so i can drag around a lawn cart or whatever with it. Its also got the small rear rack that has already came in quite handy for throwing my gun case on. Any one that could see the two bike side by side would be crazy not to go with the V4SW over the V4S. Everyone i know that has seen it and is into quads has been blow away by it especially for the money. I personally would be willing to pay hundreds more for this bike over the V4S... K im done now haha, there is a first hand review of the bike for you. Im pretty suprised he told you that the are pretty much the same other than the brakes and engine... they are very different which is a good thing for the V4SW

Old 02-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

BTW there are a few other dealers/sites that sell the exact same bike as the V4SW with very minor plastic and decal changes for much for money.. one was twice what i paid for mine with me picking it up already assembled

Old 02-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

New to the whole atv craz but I am now crazy about getting the V4SW any last thoughts b4 I join this vbike chinese made madness?

Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

Also another pointer on this bike is that it doesnt turn very sharp... at all. So what i was did was i gave it a few good hard turns eatch way to make some indentions in the paint on the stop so i could see where i needed to grind and when i did it broke off. Lucky for me that was the perfect remedy. It will now turn as sharp as you want it to eather direction without hitting anything. So for you guys planning to buy one dont be suprised that it doesnt turn sharp just take the bars and turn them back and fourth very hard and see if that stop will just pop off compleatly if not bust out a grinder and just grind the weld on the stop and take the whole thing out its really not needed you wont miss it at all

Old 02-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

Well Ordered the v4sw On saturday should be here sometime this week! I wouldn't have made this decision without all you Your excellent advice, So thanks all and wish me luck!!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

cool be sure to post up your opinion on the bike id like to hear from someone else that has one and what they think

Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default VBIKE V4SW?

Sure thing talked to Tim today and he said he shipped it out, so my guess wed night I'll have a project on my hands and thursday and friday I have off! so I should be getting a some time on it hopefully this week! I'll keep it posted.

Quick Reply: VBIKE V4SW?