Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese ATV's on my own

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese ATV's on my own

Hey guys, love the forum! I would really appreciate it, if someone could give me a little direction in the care and feeding of the two SUNL Hanma 120's I purchased for my kids. I know what you're thinking, this guy just bought himself a one-way ticket to mechanical heartache and frequent trips to the ER.

But I really put these through their paces before I bought them and checked for parts availableity and it seems very good. The one issue I have is that they did not come with a decent manual and I need to know how to manage the oil change. I saw a video with showed me clearly on how to change the oil, but not on how or where to clean the screen. I pulled the plug adjacent to the oil drain and out popped what I beleive to be the chain tensioner. It went back in OK (spring and all), but I am not sure if it needs to be rotated into a specific orientation as it has several ports in it. Any info on this or the oil screen would be rewarded with schreiks of glee from my kids and the good karma that can only come from assisting a guy from looking like a helpless putz in front of his kids. Thank you in advance,

Old 02-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that the Hanma 120's are 110cc engines. Here is a link to a thread on another forum from someone who did the same thing:

110cc Cam Chain Tensioner Thread

I don't know where the screen is (my quad is a 150cc GY6). Maybe someone else can comment.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Many thanks LynnEdwards (Trailblazer). This supports that I did put it back in correctly. You are correct, the Hanma 120s is indeed a 110cc Sunl. Now if I could only figure out where the filter screen is. I guess I'll break down and try to get a manual from Sunl. Wish me luck!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Physician Heal thyself. OK, with a little help from Lynne, I did somemore snooping on the forum and found a very good diagram on the tensioner.

http://forums.atvconnection.co...id=10&threadid=557183

Kudos to Jessie_atvruns!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

Filter screen shoud be on the clutch side of the engine,you need to take the clutch side cover off & under theactual clutch you will see a black screeen that pulls out with a needle nose pliers... honestly, I would not change it or clean it, or only do this once in a while as its a pain to get to & you may even need a new clutch side gasket if you do take the the cover off, just change the oil & its fine, the screen has very big openings, its a very course screen, if it was a fine screen you would have to clean it, but with this type its just not as neccesary (sp)

Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is nothing like practical advice from someone who has "been there, done that" and is nice enough to share the info. Spliffy, you rock!