Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Just bought 2 new VBIKES

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 2 new VBIKES

After reading all the positive feedback regarding Tim and VBIKE I decided to take the plunge and bought the 125D and the 150V3. They will be for my 8 year old boy and 13 and 15 year old girls. I've read through the forum and did a lot of research but was really unable to find much info on these two models. I was wondering if anyone could give me any info, specifically about the make. Are they made by TaoTao, Sunl or Roketa? I previously owned the old Jetmoto 200 and actually had no problems at all with it besides a few loose nuts and bolts. If everything works out with these two ATV's I plan on buying the V4S or the V4SW depending on the reviews that the V4SW gets from those who just bought one. I'll be sure to post pics and my reviews after I put them together and take them out his weekend.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

awsome.. i plan to buy the V3 so i can have a second quad around and i want my wife and some of the kids in the family to be able to ride it easly since its auto. My main reason for picking it is it seems to be the same basic quad as my V4SW. That being said ill tell you like i told the other guy... the V4SW is far better than the V4S IMHO and ive seen them side by side. Im very interested to hear your review on the V3.. BTW there are a TON of parts for that engine on ebay such as big bore top end kits and such. That engine is also sappose to be a Honda or atleast Honda based.. should be a good engine even though it is small

Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

i bought a v3 for my son. he loves it but the suspenion is a little stiff. i upgraded to better tires ,better brakes ,and now am doing clutch mods. just make sure you change the oil.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

does your V3 have a trailer hitch? the pic on the site I know is not accurate since the chain drive is on the right with that engine. That pic they show for the V3 is actually the V4SW. How is the power? resonable atleast? What did you do with brakes to improve them? The clutch? the front suspension is pretty stiff on my V4SW to but has softened up more the more i ride it (the rear is great) and i kind of like it that way since im 200lbs.. much better than the one on the V4S that i could bottom out just by pushing down on the bike

Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I recieved both bikes yesterday and both arrived without any damage. I'm trying to put together the 125 but it came with no instructions at all so it's been a little challenging. Does anyone know if I can find the instructions on line so I can finish this one up and get started on the V3? Thanks!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah I think the front needs to get broke in I just got mine together yesterday so far so good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...w&feature=channel_page

Old 02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is no hitch, the chain is on the right side. the power is decent just that my son is getting used to it and he wants more(go figure). i fabed up a foot brake for the back so it was easier for him to use and changed the front to disk brake, front spindels+rotors from a 450r. the clutch is a new variator dr pully weights new clutch, clutch springs, and main spring. still waiting on some of the clutch parts yet.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Got both ATVs assembled with some help from Tim who was very nice and helpful. No damage during shipping and both had all their parts. They both started right up. I really wish the Chinese would spend a dollar more per bike and come up with a GOOD manual and GOOD assembly instructions. Why they don't do that I have no idea. IMO it would be money very well spent. As for the ATV's the quality seems to be fair to good. Are they as fit and finished as their Japanese counter parts, no, but then again they are in some cases a third of the cost. So far I am every happy with my purchase. Tomorrow I will take them out to the desert and give them a full trial. I will take some pictures and report back.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

did you have to change the front wheels when you did the brake conversion cause the bolt pattern? where did you find the parts? ebay? what year parts did you use and was it a simple bolt on swap?

Old 02-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

i did change the front wheels becouse they are 10" so the calipers would fit. they where a simple bolt on swap, and i did get some of the parts on ebay some i had lying around.

Quick Reply: Just bought 2 new VBIKES