Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Just bought 2 new VBIKES

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 2 new VBIKES

IWIN please do get back to us i want to hear all about the V3 im thinking about going down this week and picking one up Tim said he would set me up with one for $950 with me picking it up at his shop.. does yours have a trailor hitch? he told me they all did but dave said his did not

Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry it's taken so long. We took both ATV's out this weekend and the results are mixed. The 125 ran good for about 45 minutes until I noticed that it was leaking oil from a the front of the engine. I am currently trying to figure out exactly where the oil is coming from. I'm hoping it's just a loose bolt somewhere? As for the 150, yes it does have a trailer hitch but as with the 125 the results are mixed. The build quality seems better than most of the Chinese ATV's I've seen but 15 minutes into my first ride while coming down a mountain the engine vibration caused both of the bolts that secure the top of the front shocks to the frame to come loose. Both shocks dislodged from the top of the frame and sent the front end of the ATV into the ground almost causing me to go over the handlebars One of the shocks actually cracked a resevoir when it hit the frame. I also lost both bolts that secure the muffler to the frame. Now I know what your thinking but both things happened in spite of me loctiting and tightning every single bolt I could get to. So as everyone says please take your time and check and re-check everything. I plan on calling Tim from VBike as soon as I get a free moment and hopefully getting to the bottom of the oil leak and getting a new shock but I have been working like a madman lately as I am in the Army and my unit is getting readly to deploy. Overall for the money as long as I can get these things squared away I would still say they are a good deal. Like I said earlier as far as Chinese ATV's go these seem to be among the top. Please let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

after you get a new shock from Tim you should just go down to the hardware store and just get some good grade 8 bolts and use a jam nut or some red locktite... does that thing vibrate especially bad or what?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wouldn't say it vibrates anymore than any of the other Chinese Atv's. I had a Jetmoto 200 and they vibrate about the same. They're just no where near as smooth as the Japanese ATV's but then again there a quarter of the price. I'm definitely going to upgrade the bolts and go with the red loctite.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

Just bought me some red Locktite today for my v4sw. (After hearinjg lots of people say that their bolts came loose even with blue Locktite!)

Speaking of upgrading hjardware... I was kind of startled to see how cheesey the handlebar clamp and bolts are on my v4sw. Haven't been around motorcycles for a long time..so they may well all be like that today....but it sure looks to be a weak link in a chain in which I don't want there to be a weak link!

Are those handlebar clamps generic? That is one thing I'd like to upgrade- and I'd use grade 8 bolts with a new one.

Last bike I had 20 years ago, was an old Suzuki 250 from the 70's- man....the handlebar clamp and bolts on that thing were like the rock of Gibralta! But I doubt anyone makes 'em like that any more.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

went ahead and went down today and picked up a V3 and so far i like it pretty good. They put it togather and based on my experience with the V4SW they do a great job but when i got it home i went ahead and put red locktite on alot of the bolts. Also wile i was down there i checked out what he had and he now has 2 different styles of V4SW's... for those of you looking to get one id recomend the newer style. The rear fenders are better becase they go all the way down in the front and will keep your legs from getting soaked and muddy which is something mine is terrible with. They also have bigger and better tires and the front suspension seems a bit softer. They headlights are better as well

Old 03-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Update: I got the oil leak fixed on the 125. It was leaking from the bolt that's angled down on the front of the engine. All it needed was a little bit of gasket maker and it stopped. As for the 150 I got some good grade bolts and some red threadlock and bolted the shocks back in to place. I'm going to order a new shock from Tim this week but I rode it all weekend with one good shock and one with a busted resevoir with no problems. Me and my kids put both ATVs thru the ringer this weekend without an incident. Nothing major just a lot of hills, bumps, sand and trails but they held up great and the kids had a ball. My son whose 8 and 55lbs rode the 125 and did great. I feel it's a great size for him because it leaves him a couple of years to grow. From takeoff the 125 struggles a little in sand and on hills but once it gets going it moves along pretty good. Myself (195 lbs) and my daughters who are 13 and 15 rode the 150 and we had a great time. Let me tell you this ATV has plenty of get up and go, sand and some pretty steep hills were no problem at all. We even rode 2 up a couple of times and had no problems. The quality seems to be pretty good as far as Chinese ATV's go and I'll be happy if I get a at least a few years out of them.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

so far im real happy happy with my V3. I was actually very suprised with the power for a little 150 it moves along pretty good... enough too kick the *** end out on take off on most surfaces other than the road and im about 205lbs. I think it will be quite usefull around the house.. more so than the V4SW since its auto, its also nice cause anyone can ride it.. i even had my mom out crusing around the yard on it. It does run out of gear pretty fast out in the open. I also had a problem with the muffler mount. When i bought it it was only bolted to one of two mounts and it looked like it had been bent to fit... seemed like that frame and muffler wasnt made to fit togather like they upgraded mufflers but not the frame mounts to go with it. The mount they had it bolted to broke off the frame so i bolted it to the rear mount which has broken welds on one side of it.. that was like that before i even bolted the muffler to it so im sure its on borrowed time as well so im gonna have to weld them up. Other than that the quad is great with no other problems other than needing some minor carb adjustment. Overall im very please with it and for $950 for a fullsize 150cc it cannot be touched