Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

NEED INPUT ON ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED INPUT ON ATVs

honda 250 for the wife,
canam 50 for the kid
and u get a honda or yamaha 400

Old 03-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Have a look at my site, it will give you a good idea how the Jetmoto are! I'm not going to say they are perfect but I'm not going to say they are junk just kind of in between.
http://myjetmotos.8k.com/

Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

i will agree with outofline i have been enjoying mine for a little over a year.

Hey outofline how are the jets holding up? Well i really hope to get some vids this summer i have meet some new guys to ride with and hope we can get some good shots and camera man. LOL have you done a full tune up on your 250s? also i cant remember whats the spark plug it uses? D8EA???

Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: outofline

Have a look at my site, it will give you a good idea how the Jetmoto are! I'm not going to say they are perfect but I'm not going to say they are junk just kind of in between.

http://myjetmotos.8k.com/</end quote></div>

Outofline,

Great post. I have a 150cc GY6 Hensim, as does my next door neighbor. I think my experiences have been very similar to yours. I have about 1 year of riding on mine, my neighbor about 9 months. I wouldn't call our riding hard, only moderate. I don't do jumps, but do go over rough terrain at low speeds. I did slide over a cliff once, but I'm more careful now.

Lynn Edwards

Old 03-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hey balanis, I don't recall the plug but that sounds correct. Just yesterday I did my spring start up maintenance on my blue 250 and the blue 150. I have not had to replace plugs just yet and I finally changed the Trans oil in the 150. They are all still in good operating condition (knock on wood). I think the batteries may even be fine this year. Two are the original Jetmoto sealed batteries and two are Napas. I will put together and new page on my site with the Spring of 09 start up just as I did last year so all can see how they are holding up. We ride fairly hard and do jump but small jumps, I'm to chicken to get too much air and I think the Jets would break if I was to aggressive.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
No Ruts, No Glory

The main reason I would not buy a non-name brand is because of the lack of parts availability and service.
Being mechanically inclined, I am able to fix almost anything that breaks down, but only if I have the correct part to do so.
I'm not too bad at customizing parts to make them fit where they otherwise wouldn't. You have already gotten some excellent advice by the previous contributors, and one in particular...Maybe you enjoy fixing and working on them and consider it a fun challenge to keep them running, but I doubt your wife and kids will too, and they will lose interest in the sport.
Finding good used "name brand" bikes is not an impossible task, and in fact I have purchased nothing but used quads for my son as he has gotten bigger and fixed them up (some didn't need any fixing) My own 1995 Honda 300 Fourtrax is a testiment to the durability and reliabilty of Honda construction. It's a buddy bike for me now, but it still handles everything my friends can throw at it

Old 03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I do agree a good used name brand is the better way to go, in my case I wanted 4 new atv's and knew with Jetmoto parts are easily accessible and they have been. But these Chinese atv's always need fixing of some sort where I think a big 4 would be a lot less maintenance. I am still happy with our purchase, it was fun for the whole family to get 4 new atv's and assemble them and all. But I know it's not for everyone! And who would look at my web site if they were Honda's?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

If I am not mistaken, Kymco is Korean and not Chinese...just wanted to note that.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer

I had bought my son a Kazuma 50 and it ran well. Great for the kids for $500. I then bought a Jet Moto 150 and it came missing parts. I was unhappy with my buying experience on that one, but the machine was solid and ran well for the short time I had it. I bought my self a Honda TRX400 and it is a much better bike, but much more money. Since I am somewhat on a budget I plan on buying my son another Chinese 150.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Range Rover

Well it's been awhile since my last post, but I guess I'm getting back into the whole atv thing.. After reading all of the horror stories about china junk.. I guess I'm considering myself pretty lucky... I have owned a 250cc jetmoto, and have not had any mojor problems.. I also purchased a 150cc jetmoto at the same time, and have only had I real problem with it.. The rear brake pad fell off while my friends son was riding it.. A bolt came loose causing the caliper to move enough for one pad to fall out.. Was the only bolts I didnt check/locktight.. Now my sons 70cc atv (see my photos) has been great so far.. I purchased it when he was 3 years old.. He is now 6.5 yrs old.. I have not had any major problems so far!! Very please considering I paid $500 plus shipping.. I had to replace the spark plug so far.. Not bad for it being almost 4yrs.. Although I do have a minor problem now... I think I may have caused it, and Not counting it as a quality problem just yet... I'm going to start another topic about it because I would like to try and fix it before spring/summer riding...

If you buy china..
Find a good dealer that offers plenty of support
Inspect before ever ride
Have plenty of lock tight
You should be ok...

Quick Reply: NEED INPUT ON ATVs